Curt's Recovery

After Toni's visit yesterday she was very happy to see Curt sitting up and speaking. He is very confused and I know that no one can give me an answer to this, but I am wondering if it is common for annie patients to be confused right after they are brought out of the medically induced coma. He is also agitated and angry. I hope these are temporary reactions. I don't think any one including the docs know the answer to my questions, but I would be eternally grateful for some feedback on these subjects.

Again I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Sincerely,

Cathy

Cathy the nurses in Neuro ICU should be familiar with some of the things that happen to patients when brought out of a coma...

~ Colleen

hi Catherine-thanks for the update-thats great hes speaking! im guessing confusion is normal after a SAH, i was very confused.coma for 5 days not sure if it was induced tho. at first words mean nothing, gravity of the situation, no emotions etc etc , i think this is how the brain protects itself by partially shutting down. i wasn't scared or even worried.sometimes less is more i'm now thinking!less brain activity=less fear,worry and discontent,he is probably agitated because he doesnt understand fully what happened and how long of a journey his recovery road is. i couldn't compehend how much trouble i was in untill weeks later, you are right tho the drs wont even speculate on recovery since everyone is unique. Please tell Toni to hang in there-if i could recoup enough to come home anyone can but she'll need the patience of Job. Also tell them to keep the faith, the surgeon told my family a nursing home would probably be my best scenario if i survived because they want to prepare for the worse i think. Keeping you all in my thoughts & prayers!

Thank you Colleen for your feedback. It has been very helpful. God bless you.

Thanx Ron. This gives us some hope that the confusion is a temporary set back. 2day Curt was moved out of ICU into a step down unit. He is still very confused and angry. We really appreciate all prayers. we will continue to pray for him as we know with God anything is possible. God bless you and thank you again.

Wishing today is a better day for Curt...~ God Bless to you too Catherine and Curt and the entire family...~