Pipeline surgery soon

Hello! I hope everything has started to improve as it’s suppose to be!

I had my craniotomy on 4/27/23 and it went well, praying hoping for the best for you.
Marsi

Hello! I just celebrated my first PED surgery on 6/6. Seven years! I had 4 aneurysms. 2 on the right and 2 on the left. 1st surgery 6/6 on the right side then my dr said to wait to do the other 2 on the left the next month. So 7/12 I’ll celebrate that. The surgery was as others said. I went in was out and then it was done. My dr kept me overnight for both but I felt good after each one. I do have silent migraines now and then. The aura lights. And I do have balance issues now and then but I’m very greatful they were found and I’m here to see my new grand daughter grow up. Stay positive and keep on going. The best to you and all of us.

1 Like

Congratulations on both your seven years and your granddaughter! I think it’s awesome!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m enjoying both! Being here and my sweet grandbaby!

1 Like

Hi. I have coils and a stent also. Are u still taking brilanta? I just off of 90 mg 2x daily. U went back to sports 3 weeks after. I had my coils in 2021 and stent in 22 and i am paranoid to exercise. What sports r u playing?

Hi Angela, I am still on the Brilinta. I play tennis and pickleball, hike a little, bike and do heavy gardening. Went back to all of that at the 3 week point. I did not ski this year after my mid January procedure though doc said I could ski if I went gently, but that is not my style so I skipped the rest of the season. I do bruise, but it’s more lots of small bruises not huge ones. But I find I am as likely to bruise bumping into something in the house as doing one of the more active things.

1 Like

I think i am still just overly cautious even thoihh i have been given geen light to do whatever i want. Has anyone else experienced that?

Wow amd u dont worry about your ba have u totally occluded?

Haven’t reach 6 months yet for the first angiogram to check. I am just assuming all is OK until I hear otherwise. But my doctor said he was comfortable with me doing any sport that did not risk a hard fall that could cause internal bleeding.

1 Like

Wow thats amazing. I think im still just traumatized from the whole situation.

Hope as more time passes your mind will come to trust that your body is healing enough for you to feel comfortable returning to some of your prior joys. It’s a truly scary thing to know a bomb could go off in your brain. My uncle died at my age from a ruptured aortic aneurysm he did not know he had, so I think I feel very lucky to have found mine and had the chance to fix it before it got me.

1 Like

My ruptured in 09/21 imn100% occluded amd grateful and thankful but i have fatigue and just cautious. But hearing stories of your activity make me feel comfortable like ok i can do this. Its hard becasue of course i am the only 1 in my circle of people to ever experience such a thing.

1 Like

It wasn’t me who was cautious but BH. We went to the Outerbanks about 14-15 months after I ruptured and I wanted to try hang gliding. BH was adamant that I not do it so I actually called my Neurosurgeon, she said I could do anything I wanted. It rained the next day and I couldn’t give it a try. I was not totally occluded until she put my stent in 2020. Could be that my Neurosurgeon was frustrated trying to corral me as I have great difficulty following her 40 lb rule and some others that don’t fit into what I want to do. It may sound odd, but exercise is really good for me to fight off the fatigue, even if it’s just a nice walk. Because I was told by a Charge Nurse when I was finally released from the hospital that I couldn’t ride horses any more, friends that have them won’t let me near theirs.

If your doctor has given you the all clear, go enjoy what you can. Just like you, I’m the only one in my family that has had a rupture.

Wjat isnthe 40lb rule. I habe never heard abut my nuerosurgeon has gicen the green light sonce my stent in 22 even after the coilels she was like no restrictions. Then at my 6 month amgio the neck of the ba had strerched so she went back in and out a stent. Ate u able to ride a horse? I was thinking about doing that this summer. Neber been on a horse. City girl.

Angela, I also think different doctors have different comfort levels with activities they give the OK on. In the year I was watching mine before repairing it, two different surgeons I saw gave me the OK to scuba dive as apparently it doesn’t affect pressure in your brain. However, when I researched it online, some docs will tell their patients not to. I think the fact that both my docs were pretty ‘go for it’ in their attitudes helped me. Also, mine was treated prior to a rupture, so I did not go through that trauma, which I am sure makes it so much easier to be cavalier about doing things. Your experience with a rupture is so much more life altering and challenging than mine of no rupture and a pretty straight forward repair.

1 Like

This sutr has been so helpful just this week. Thank you for the encouraging words.

1 Like

I have other health issues going on, mostly with my spine and at this point it’s too risky for me to ride a horse as I’m trying to avoid neck surgery😂. But if I could I would, I miss riding horses. I was first given a 40lb limit by the Neurosurgeon who did my lumbar repair the year before I ruptured so I could keep walking, I had no reflexes from the waist down. Then when I ruptured, that Neurosurgeon also gave me a 40 pound limit. Since a cinder block weighs about 40 lbs each and I carry two at a time so I’m better balanced, I obviously don’t follow their rules. And then there’s the boards coming off the sawmill that since they’re green, they can be quite heavy. When I had my stent put in back in Dec 2020, I was setting up cinder block to use so I could stack some green wood on them to allow them to air dry. When my Neurosurgeon asked what I’d been up to and we told her, she decided to go ahead and put the stent in as soon as she could get a bed (it was during COVID and beds were hard to come by for elective procedures)

I grew up in Los Angeles County, they used to have an enormous number of horses. Before I bought my first horse, I took lessons in Norwalk. When I bought my first horse at age 13, we boarded her in South Gate and I helped out with the rental string for a bit of cash in my pocket. I think he paid us $1 an hour.

I looked up therapeutic lessons in Los Angeles County and there’s many Southern California Equestrian Directory. I think taking RTD may be your best choice to get to one and back home unless you have someone to drive you or you can manage the freeways yourself. I don’t know if any take health insurance but it could be a question you could ask. I looked at a couple of different places and I really liked this one https://www.rideon.org/. None of them were around back when I lived in L.A. County. I also believe taking lessons may be better than just renting a horse for an hour as you’ll be taught things that no rental string does and you won’t have to eat dust if you’re at the back.

Its a small world. My daughter went to school in norwalk for 3 years. I grew up in lynwood. I remember South Gate was a fancy city. Haha. My rupture was in the middle of covid. Only 1 visitor a day and they had to be vaxxed or have a neg test to enter my room. I will def look i to the link u sent. What is rtd?

It is a small world isn’t it? :joy:. We lived in Downey (South side) from around ‘67 -‘74.

RTD is the Rapid Transit District, the buses and metro system. It serves all of L.A.County. Did they rename it? It has been a long time since I was back to California.

Yes now the rtd is the metro.