Pipeline procedure

I had a pipeline procedure on March 20, 2015. Doing really good, except I’m weak and my body get really shaky if I do very little. Just wondering if any of you who had the pipeline procedure had this weakness and how long did it last?

I felt like utter hell for the better part of a month, Carol, which I hated since my surgeon told me I'd be back to work in about 2 weeks. Took me some time to find a better neuro than the one who diagnosed the aneurysm, but she was able to help me find some medications that got me able to function enough to go back to life. I found the headaches were awful as the little bugger shrunk away to eventually nothing Took the better part of a year to feel totally better, and back to myself.

Are you taking medications? They can make you shaky! Hope you're doing better!

Tara said:

I felt like utter hell for the better part of a month, Carol, which I hated since my surgeon told me I'd be back to work in about 2 weeks. Took me some time to find a better neuro than the one who diagnosed the aneurysm, but she was able to help me find some medications that got me able to function enough to go back to life. I found the headaches were awful as the little bugger shrunk away to eventually nothing Took the better part of a year to feel totally better, and back to myself.

Are you taking medications? They can make you shaky! Hope you're doing better!

Hi Tara, I’m on Plavix and aisperin. I also started taking some vitamins hoping they would help. I’ve given up almost all melds because I thought it might be better to let the brain heal without them. I guess I’m doing good but just can’t seem to get back to working or doing much of anything without the tiredness and now light headed and shakiness. I know I’m really blessed to have this pipeline procedure. I guess it just takes longer to heal than I thought it would. And now the headaches are back. I wasn’t sure how long it takes for the Annie to shrink and be carried away, so guess I just have to be patient. Thanks for the comments

Hi Carol, the headaches that you are experiencing are very normal and most have found that they last about 6 months. The way my neurosurgeon explained it to my husband, was that as the brain begins to heal and the Annie begins to shrink the headaches will lessen. Most members of our PED group have found that the headaches are gone at around the 6 month mark, which is when most Annies becomes fully occluded.

As for the shakiness, I don’t remember anyone ever complaining of that particular ailment. It’s probably a good idea to contact you or your surgeon and ask him specifically if it could be related.
I hope you were able to find answer to this issue. Please keep us posted on your progress and if this continues to be a problem.

Best wishes,

Linda

Thanks Linda, the headaches are much better, still the shakiness but I know things could be a lot worse. There’s not a lot of info on the pipeline procedure so I really appreciate your info.

Hope you're going okay Carol. My Dad is getting this procedure done on the 25th May. It's fantastic the procedure was a success for you. x

Carol, if you look on our front page (the PED Group) just to the right of our wall, there is a list of different pages within our group. I believe one is called articles, including links to the clinical trials results. There is a ton of info our group has collected over the 4 years since the PED was approved here in the US. I believe we even have some info from our Giovanni in Italy.
Happy reading!

Carol, I think a few months to shake the physical and a year for the stress of it all. I think Plavix was the Devil drug that made the recovery difficult. But , I managed somehow. BTW, No Nexium with Plavix! Gosh Tara , how long has it been for us??? And have you seen our Dr McDeamy?

Nope! Haven’t needed to, thank god! Glad to see you, Denise! Hope all is well with you! It’s been almost 3 years now… Hard to believe!

Denise is right, Plavix so sucked! Once you’re off of that, it will be better. Finally off everything except a really low dose of Inderal now! Woot!