Effects after pipeline procedure

I had an angiogram in July to accurately map out where my aneurysm is. Afterwards, I had what I thought was sinus trouble–pain and pressure in my sinuses–that eventually went away. This week on Tuesday, August 15, I had a pipeline stent put in. Afterwards, I also developed sinus pain, but also a slight headache that is relieved when I press on the veins in my head. My doctor said it is probably from the contrast dye. It’s been two days and the pain hasn’t gone away at all. I feel pressure around my eyes and the left side and top of my head. Has anyone else experienced this? How long will it last? Also, due to the Plavix and aspirin, I have a huge bruise in my groin area. How long will that last?

I had pipeline and coils done on 19th July and the bruise on my leg has only now just gone. It took twice as long for the bruise to go away now I’m taking plavix and aspirin, compared to when I had an angiogram before. The pain was that I relatively short lived though (done in about a week I think). I didn’t have sinus pain but did have some occasional problem with and momentary little sharp pains in my head. Didn’t worry about it too much as it didn’t stick around and I assumed it was just my body getting used to the new normal.

I drank so much water each day after my surgery with the deliberate intent of flushing anesthetic and contrast out of my body. It took a few days for things to get back to normal.

Hang in there :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for getting back to me. It’s a big help to know you went through the same thing and you understand the sensations I’m having. Are you back to normal and able to do everything you were before?

You’re welcome! I found that the first week was a bit harder as I was fatigued and my concentration wasn’t there. I decided after one week to push my concentration and physical exertion a little more each day through the second week. That helped a lot and meant that I felt about 95 percent by the time I went back to work. Since then (it’s another two weeks) I have felt gradually better, and now I feel almost normal. My wife says I’m just the same as before/after the surgery, so that’s positive. She says that you wouldn’t be able to tell I’d had the surgery if you didn’t know. Of course I feel different inside and it’s still very much on my mind a lot of the time. I imagine it will always be that way to some degree.

I only had the one pipeline so hearing what you went through really helps give me encouragement that things will soon be “normal”. I understand what you mean about it probably always being on your mind to some degree. I don’t think we’ll get to forget about it since we have to be monitored. At least now it’s not such a time bomb. Thanks again and best wishes!

I had second stent placed on 7/5/17 and had bleeding in recovery room from femoral artery site, which resulted in me having significant bruising in my groin area. Same thing happened in ICU after the first stent in April 2016. The bruising takes 3-4 weeks to go away. I had little pains in my head after each stent, especially the first one, but they also went away. I also had pain in my right eye after the first stent and had to go on steroids for 7-10 days. Went on preventative short dose of steroids for second stent and the steriods caused intestinal problems (swelling/bloating, etc.), but all was resolved within 10 days post procedure. Wishing you the very best.

Thanks for getting back to me. It helps to know that I’m not alone.

Going to have pipeline soon. Hopefully. Meet with surgeon Wednesday. I’m scared. Don’t know what to expect

I was checked for an aneurysm because my sister had an aneurysm. I had no symptoms. My doctor, who was also her doctor, decided on putting in a pipeline. I had it done this past August. I had what could be compared to a sinus headache for a couple days. I also had the huge groin bruise that lasted a month or so. It’s been eight months and I feel fine. I have had four ocular migraines since having it done, about every two months, but with no headaches; just the visual weird flashing in my eyes which lasted about thirty minutes. Other than that I feel extremely lucky that it was caught before it ruptured.

May I ask where your aneurysm was located ?

It was a left Internal Carotid Artery ophthalmic aneurysm. If you’d like, I can copy and paste the results of my procedure for you or give me your email address and I can send it there.

Mine is the right ica close to the ophthalmic artery. Or a little downstream from it according to my Dr. Just wondering what to expect from pipeline. Mine is about 7mm

My email is ■■■■