Pressure in head and headache after pipeline stent

I had a pipeline flow diverter put in on March 14th. I had some minimal pressure afterwards behind my right eye. I was then fine for 3 weeks. This past week whenever I bend down and get up, lift something heavy, or turn when sleeping I get a sharp pain and then a headache for a minute or so and then it passes. It is on the same side where I had the stent and in the same area. Anyone else experience this? Wondering if I should be concerned.

Hi Ems067, I did a quick search of existing conversations and came across this one:

Maybe it will help? Since our members must have been enjoying Easter feasts instead of replying to posts (haha) you can also use the search bar while waiting for replies.

I hope the Easter bunny was good to you!

Meli from Moderator Support

I had the surgery on March 29th carotid artery closed to the area behind my left eye. Had the pipeline…all was well for three weeks. Then, Excruciating headache for one week went to ER found that I had swelling in my brain from the blood clot forming in the aneuyrsm which was cutting off my carotid artery. High doses of steriods reduced the swelling. Don’t ignore the bad headache…if it does not get better go into the hospital. Take the pain meds. Reduction of bending…by using a stools to cook, clean or do laundry is important. Learn to be slow in your movements and move your body with your head…it will get better. Dizziness is one of the hardest things for me.

I had this too, for 7 to 8 months after my stenting and coiling of my two annies(one sentinal rupture). Im one year (yay!) Out and feel NORMAL finally. The brain heals very very slowly, so give yourself time and be patient. You’ll get there!

I had coiling and pipeline on June 26th. I’m having all the issues you describe. Lots of pressure bending over. Even laying flat causes pressure. Many sharp short stabbing pains. I have 3 more aneurysms that will be treated, most likely same way.
Was wondering if all these effects are results from repaired aneurysm or the remaining 3?? The pressure and dizziness all the time was a problem before surgery, but it’s worse and stabbing pains are new.

Hi gpterry1972,

So what happened to the blood clot? Does it still stay inside the area?
May I know the size of it before Pipeline?
My doctors recommended me to have pipeline but I am worried about the symptom you were experienced.

Okay after my first pipeline in 2011 I was fine and working in 3 weeks. Now…3 weeks post pipeline procedure for 2 aneurysms and am still getting headaches. That weird stabbing pain and also get that pressure pain.