Northeast Ohio

Anyone from NE Ohio or Ohio at all? I have questions on programs for my mom's speech therapy that's needed from her brain aneurysm and stroke. Also questions on insurance and disability - just wondered if anyone here knew how Ohio's government worked, or had any experiences to share from Ohio?

hi sarah! disability is from social security, also she may have an additional disability from her work or from a separate contract such as Aflac or both,. i had to be put on state run Medicaire since my insurance expired when my employer had to terminate me. this plan has certain criteria you must meet such as income limits. i was then switched to medicare even tho im not 65 yrs old. im not sure where i got the papers for dr to fill out--my employer or the dr. i live in pa so my source of paperwok might not apply anyway,i wish you luck hope this helps, also im guessing your local senators office should be able to help

My mom also had to be terminated from work back in June. She is now on COBRA which costs nearly $500 a month for just herself. We applied for Social Security Disability but wont know until sometime between now and January if they'll approve her for it. How were you able to be put on Medicare right away? We were told there is a 2 year waiting period from the time she applies for Social Security Disability. Thank you!

hi sarah i was put on medicaid from papers the dr filled out then put on medicare even tho im only 55- oh yeah i also did the cobra . Disability was done by Custom Disability Solutions that my employer did for me- they were really great- my waiting period was only 6 or 8 months