Any tips or advise PLEASE!

Hello everyone. First let me start off by saying that this site is amazing and the support and stories have really helped me give me hope and encouragement that I will get through this. If you have not already read about me I suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm on May 14th when my husband found me havinga seizure. I do not remember much except an extremely bad headache. They fixed it by coiling it however I have 2 more that need to be fixed and I am unable to go to work and from what the doctors are saying it will be a long time if ever that I can return to work. We are applying for disability and other things but as I am sure you are all aware this is all very time consuming and thank God for my wonderful husband who is doing it all for me because my brain just does not work right and the pain in my head and spine is quite overwhelming most of the time. I am trying to figure out ways to raise money for my family and our growing bills but do not know really how to begin. Any ideas on how to raise money or benefit ideas?? I could really use some advise from others who have been in this same situation. Did you hold benefits in your town and if so what did you do to get people to donate money. I hate asking for help and have been very independant and earned everything we have by working hard. I started an online fundraiser but my family wants to do a benefit in our town but do not know how or where to start. Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!!

melissa,

hi my name is Jana and I know what you are saying about disability I filed 2 years ago and am still fighting. I was diagnoised almost 3 years now, give or take a few months. you can read my story here on baf. but I started having sezuires 6 months ago.. I have 5 brain anuresyms in my head.. I have no insurance..no job..my sezuire medicine is 1.800. a month alone..I also take 3 other meds..blood pressure,beta blocker and nausea med to keep the sezuire med down..my anuresyms are all inoperable..i asked the neurosurgeon how long I had and they said tick tock goes the clock..the biggest being 8mm they said it ruptures at 10mm,but the others are growing also..I wonder how people whom are not sick get ssi or ssdi so fast then,,people like us have to fight to get what is really needed..I email or call my town goverment office holding people and bring it to thier attention also...other than that I pray alot..and ask god to lead me.

hugs

Jana

Hi Melissa ~

I can't really help you with fundraisers ... I haven't done one...I volunteer my time to help others here on this site... However, I do know from others they have organized walks, marathons, etc., I think to raise money for the Aneurysm Foundation...I don't know of anyone who has done it personally...sorry...

Colleen

if drs are saying your disabled you should be able to get disability from social security *(federal gov) My doctor filled out papers stating my disability ,mailed them to social security office,if this doesnt work i think you'll need a lawyer- there are free lawyers in our local county assistance office-hope this helps-i think mine took about 6 or7 months-How long has it been since you are disabled and how long since you applied for disability? anyway good luck and sending prayers for you and the others,May God Bless you & yours