My mom's story

My mom has had two siblings and her mother pass from anuerysms. She had 4 in 2001 when the doctors went to operate they could only locate 3, which they coiled. Her recovery to me was amazing. She gets frustrated sometime because she dont remember some things and she thinks it has something to do with that. But its not that bad really.

My mom has been going to her primary care doctor and he send her to get a CT Scan every year. Well Tuesday she went for her yearly CT Scan and they called her a few hours later to tell her she needs to see her primary care doctor first thing in the morning. What a long night that was. The next morning she goes to doctor and they tell her that they want her to see a neurologist because they see a small anuerysm in the CT Scan.

They want to send her records first so the doctor can go over them. My mom decides to take them herself. And when she gets to the office the doctor said he could see her now. The doctor tells my mom that what they are seeing on the CT Scan is a shadow from one of the coils. But they rather her get an MRI.

The doctors go in to explaining to my mother that even though her primary doctor has been doing a good job that she should be coming there for her follow ups. And then when she has a bad headache she is supposed to go the ER (which I have been trying to tell her that) but the headache they think are more to do with the stroke then the anuerysm.

I set up my mom a page but she doesnt know how a forum works yet but she has read everybodies comments on her page and some of the stories. And wanted me to share that she was a heavy drinker (she has been sober for almost 3yrs!) and maybe thats the reason she havent been doing her follow ups with the nuerologist. Even though me and my aunt have been telling her she needed to see another doctor besides her PC doctor.

Im sure she wont see this and I can read it to her and leave out part about I think she is just hardheaded lol.

Sorry so long tried to sum it up best way I could.

Firstly, Congratulate your mom ... 3 years of sobriety is super... next, since have been here for a little over 3 years everyone's follow ups seem different...and yet the long time survivors had no follow up...try and put the past there and have mom start to follow up with a Neurologist/Neurosurgeon...

Lastly, Tell your mom we are a great group...and she can take baby steps...help her to learn the site...and she is welcome to ask me anything...if I don't know the answer I will find out...

Your a good daughter...Your mom is blessed...Happy Friday ~ Colleen