My father died on 1/25/2012 of a brain aneurysm

We lost one of the best men I have ever known suddenly on 1/25/2012. He suffered a brain aneurysm at the age of 77. We live in a small community with no neurologist on staff and by the time we got him to a larger hospital 90 miles away and a neurologist finally looked at his CT Scan we were told there was nothing that could be done.

My dad's older brother died several years earlier of a brain aneurysm and a middle brother died suddenly possibly of a brain aneurysm.

I am 54 and plan to have a ct scan in the near future...My concerns are which hospitals come recommended in the Little Rock, Arkansas and Memphis areas.

Hey Timothy,

My heart goes out to you and your family! It's very hard to lose a loved one this way...

I am however glad to hear that you are going to have a CT scan done. Several have died in my family due to aneurysm's. My mother was diagnosed a few years ago and no one thought to tell us that we should be checked until 2010 when my sister was also diagnosed, after that I decided to be checked and was also diagnosed. Nov. 2010 I had my 6,25 annie clipped. Having that MRI saved my life so please be checked as soon as possible. So sorry for your loss :-(

Thoughts and prayers

Kimberley

don't cry for me

don't stand at my grave and weep,

i am not there, i do not sleep.

i am a thousand winds that blow,

i am the diamond glints on the snow,

i am the sunlight on ripened grain,

i am the gentle autumn's rain,

when you waken in the morning's hush,

i an the swift uplifting rush,

of quiet birds in circled flight,

i am the soft star that shine at night.

do not stand at my grave and cry,

i am not there, i did not die.

~unknown~

i'm so very sorry for your loss. peace and healing be with you.

Again, Welcome Timothy and sorry for your loss...!

I think you are embracing these memories by getting a CT scan...

Cyber~thoughts your way...Colleen

Timothy, I am so sorry for your loss.

My regular doctor ordered the MRA. After my annie was found, then I was referred to a neurosurgeon. That is probably the easier course and with your family history, I can't see why a doctor would not order one.

Good luck - I hope they don't find anything.

Sherri

Dear Tim, so sorry to hear of your loss. My mother was 45 when she died of a ruptured aneurysm - I was 19 at the time. April 2011, I had an aneurysm clipped at age 63. Please make sure you have an MRI or CAT to determine if you are at risk; I pray that nothing is found. My brother (age 60) just went through such a scenario as was found to be aneurysm free.

Tim, please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.

So glad you are having your test done. Know nothing of your area; research the major hospitals and how they display data. To learn more of the doctors, should be ble o reach their autobio; it wll show their research on PubMed, etc ...Vanderbilt is in TN, I do not know city off memory...

One of my local peer friends lost her father some years back; then one of her son's two years before her rupture. She was not told about potential familial connection.

Pray you will get input from others here who know your area.

Pat