My daddy passed away :(

My dad suffered a sudden aneurysm three weeks ago in America whilst on his holidays with my mom.
He was the healthiest happiest most loving 62 year old man alive.
He held on for 19 days then passed away on Thursday. I live in Ireland were waiting for his body to return home. My heart is broken how do I get over this pain?
My poor mom they were so in love and married 42 years. I’m so so so so broken I’m the youngest of his kids at 29 years old.
Our lives will never be the same again :frowning: I did fly to America when it happened and kissed him while he was in coma and told him I loved him every day.
I wish with all my heart he had lived but it wasn’t to be. We have all moved back into my moms house and I’m not ever going to leave her alone.
Anyone know how to best help my mom? And to heal this broken heart of mine?

Hi Sweetie...

I am so so sorry for your loss...and your families loss...Cherish the memories...and remember the good about dad...but eventually, no matter...the living must live...and that is you...I am sure your dad would want you to live life to the fullest...

God Bless to all of You...Cyber ~ prayers and thoughts...Colleen

Dave, thank you so much for replying to me it really helps me that you think the hearing is the last to go.
I loved my dad with every single best of my heart!! If you can imagine the mist loved man in Ireland he’s him!! His 5 kids my brothers and sister ate just destroyed.
And my mother is breaking my heart too. This brain aneurysm form eases it a bit to have the support. Face he was super healthy his doctor said he was one of his healthiest patients at that age!
I take some peace that he didn’t have a long painful terminal ilness and that holy god took him up gently.
But the pain right now is so unbearable there are moments where I just want to fall asleep and never wake up until this I’s all over :frowning: but I am strong and I will survive and be there for my mother, I feel my dad every moment in me telling me to look after her.
I’m so glad you got to hold on to your beautiful wife. It was just my dads time.
You take care of eachother xx

Hi lovely colleen
Thank you so much for your kind words. My life has just been hit with the most painful loss.
My dad was my favourite person in the world and I lived him sooooo much!! I still don’t think I can believe it ! We have to wait a week to get his body home from America and that is so tough, I guess there’s loads of red tape over there, but I just want him home in Ireland now.
I think the pain is just being stretched out on us with this. But you said it life goes on and all the memories will get me through. And I only have all wonderful memories of my dad Gordon Goodwin .
A strong, kind, successful, brave, unbelievably loving man who would have done anything for us!
I will miss him every day for the rest of my life.
Thank you soo much for your kind words and taking the time to help ease my my pain which you have xx

Very sorry for your loss. I honestly can't add anything, the others have said it well. You will always miss him, the pain doesn't necessarily go away but it becomes manageable and you and your family will adjust with time. May your Dad rest in peace.

xx Tina

I am sorry to hear of your family’s loss Charlotte. This blessing came to my mind when I read this:

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

May God be with you and bless you:
May you see your children’s children.
May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.

May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.

Charlotte -

I remember when you first posted, when he was in a coma and you were rushing to the states.

Your dad knew you were there, and he is with you still. You will never get over the loss of his physical presence, but he is now with you in a way that will never end - he lives in your heart, your memories, your telling stories of him to others in your life, and he lives in your eyes. I'm so so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Know that he is with you and embracing you.

Jaycie

so sorry for your lost may god be with you all ,just know hes at a better place,linda

Oh Charlotte,

I am so so very sorry to hear this.

The best advise I have for your mom, you and the rest of your family is to talk about it. Be there for eachother and if you need some place else to go and release they this is the right place. My prayers go out to you and your family.

God Bless!

Kimberley