Limitations to be Thankful for

What a week. First, I saw part of an episode of a program Chicago Med where a doctor resuscitated a patient and saved his life. I guess it had been too long because there had been brain damage and when his wife found out about all the care and struggles he would have, she started hitting the doctor and asked him why he saved him. That hit me and made me wonder what my husbands life would have been life if my surgery had not turned out as well as it did. The evening before we had a meeting for the Board of my HOA and they needed someone to accept a position on the Board. Everyone there just looked at me to see if I would want it and I said "No way I just don't have the time". Inside I was actually thinking I do not think I can do it, keep up with vendor contracts and Board meetings and all the information, and what if I have brain flooding and cannot keep up people will not understand and will think I'm stupid. Oh crap, I end up setting my own limitations. I have an amazing job that requires executive level performance and decisions so I'm not sure what makes me think I could not do it, but I ran away. It was safer. Then I realized that at work I am surrounded by people I trust and who know what has happened and have my back, here I would not be. Anyway, I was feeling a bit of regret and disappointment but then I woke up today and said Happy Thanksgiving! I decided to feel thankful instead. For those wonderful people I surround myself with at work who have my back. For my husband who always takes my elbow or hand when we're walking so I don't lose my balance. For everyone who is thankful that I'm a survivor. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you! And thanks for the reminder of what we do have which has led us to continue a happy productive life!

Happy Thanksgiving well wishes also. I too am so very thankful to be here today and able to spend time with family & friends. I also watched that show and so glad I continue to heal and enjoy ever day given!!