I'm a new member, unruptured, diagnosed 2 mos ago, deciding on treatment

Hi,

Like I said I am new here. Found this by searching on google for information. I must say that from what I have seen and read so far makes me extremely grateful that I still have an unruptured one. I am shocked and terrified and full of emotions about all the stories here. I want to become involved but even this overwhelms me. For instance, I live in NH and there is a dinner thing at The Connection Oven restaurant from 5-9 for this foundation which is only 50 minutes away. I think that just means whoever eats there that night, a portion of the proceeds go to the foundation. Is that right? My husband and I may go. I must say I'm a little frieked out about it. Like, will a stranger come up to me and ask questions? Do I even want or need to talk about it? etc.

That's it for now. Thanks

p.s. If this even gets to anyone, can you explain what I do below where it says "Tags?"

Hello, J Knights, I do not think that you would be interrogated if you decide to go to the restaurant for the fundraiser, but if the idea gives you stress, you could always donate to the foundation directly. As for the tags, they are an optional feature. (I have never used them.) If you tag your discussion with a few key words of your choosing, then your discussion will show up if someone searches for one of your key words on the site.

Hi J,

You and I have similar stories. I was just diagnosed with 2 aneurysms on Tuesday and don't have an appointment until Dec 29th. It's hard to go on with your daily life, but I have focused on being healthy, eating right and exercising. I will be interested in sharing our experiences with treatment options. Take care,

LG

Hi J
I was diagnosed 3 years ago with 2 2.5mm anuersyms behind both eyes . When I first found out I was a basket case . I am now finding that technology has come a long way and I will be fine . At first I was getting a cta scan every 6 months now I get it once a year. If you have any questions feel free to ask me . I also had two aunts that had these .
Tara

Thank you, you always have great logical and caring advice!

Oh, one other thing. When I get replies from people, is that how I could add friends? If so, how do I do that? I'm not sure what that means yet either. If you're someone's "friend" is that like on facebook so when they post something, it shows up on your page to see and comment if you'd like? And, when you post something the same happens? Should I just be reading help? I'm awful at instructions.

First of all, I'm sorry you've been given this frightening news. I have to ask though, how is it that you have to wait so long? I went to an ER the night I found out I was so frieked out it could burst. I was diagnosed Aug 25th, and have since had 3 opinions, lots of tests, consultations, and a cerebral angiogram for 3d images for the doctor and much more detailed pictures and that's when they found the 2 other ones. I hope to make a decision this week. I have the doctor and the hospital chosen, now it's a matter of picking up the phone and making the appointment for surgery. Just wondering and worried for you, I know what it's like waiting.

Hi, Tara,

I get the basket case part but how have you been able to wait? Like you said, you have two aunts who had these. I do agree though that the longer you wait the possibility of better technology is always improving.

JKnights