2nd time around

Hi, I'm so glad I found this site. Fortunately (for those I know and love) I don't have anyone to talk to about what's happening and what has happened. I had 2 cerebral aneurysms clipped in 2004. And although the surgery was a success and I'm working, I never quite got back to myself...expectable. Now I have significant vision loss in my right eye (happened about a month ago) and on a Neuro exam it was discovered that I have diminished strength in my left leg and some speech issues. Could be another aneurysm or a bleed from the clips or scare tissue I'm told. But to tell you the truth I don't think I can go another round of the fear and pain and uncertainty like the last time.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Thank you, Cathy

its all too familiar!! but i was sah emergency rupture. ummm this confuses me--could be another aneurysm??? who said this?? you haven't had an angiogram or mra? At any rate please keep us posted as you are able. We'll keep you & yours in our thoughts and prayers

Hi Cathy...Bless your heart...~ the fear and uncertainty can be crippling...and yet talking to family about all of this can be worse...I am so happy you found us and hope you can come to your decisions and find comfort here at BAF ~ Colleen

Thank you Ron.

I have not had an angiogram yet. I'll know today when the test are scheduled for. The symptoms I have lead the doctors to suggest we may be dealing with another one. Refused to head over to hospital and wait in ER until a spot opened up for a CT with contrast. It could take 5-6 hours of waiting. Cathy

Hi Colleen,

You hit the nail on the head!!! talking to family just causes them more worry than they can handle. My children get pretty upset if I don't keep them informed but if I tell them everything it's just so scarey for them. The trauma for them when I last had surgery just killed me and there was nothing I could do about it. I am so grateful for this site and wish I reached out sooner.

Best, Cathy

Hi Ron, Had a CT w/contrast Wednesday and a residual aneurysm was found. May be the cause of my vision loss. I still need to have an angiogram and see a neuro surgeon which are all in the works. So scared that I'll need surgery again.

hi Cathleen! I hope im posting in right place-im writing under your last comment on Friday feb 22nd. Happy to hear you got the CT but not sure of the residual finding .i 'm not sure what that is but that's ok- you don't have to explain it all if its upsetting to you. Hopefully it's a blessing in disguise and they will take care of this issue. I know your fearing an operation- unfortunantly I am too re:shunt. Try to think positive- I know its difficult. I keep thinking one more hurdle to go, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Cathleen, welcome...

Prayers for your best diagnoses and decision process...

Pat

Hi Reg,

I wish a safe speedy recovery. How are you feeling? I had more fatigue than pain after my clipping which for me was a blessing.

Thank you for prayers and kind words. I think the waiting is hard my gives me time to keep good thoughts.

Best,

cathy

Thank you Pat.

Hi Cathy--I had a rupture in 2003 and they are 'watching' a second aneurysm by doing an MRI every year. To be honest it terrifies me but what can you do! I can't have and angio because the arteries in my legs are blocked and my doc says if he goes in to fix the other aneurysm it will have to be by craniotomy, Last time they went in through the artery in my arm. Scarey stuff-I know. Let us know how you make out. Prayers :>)

Hi Martie, that is scarey! I had 2 aneurysms clipped by craniotomy in 2004. Thought I was all done with this. I'm told this is a residual aneurysm and it's smaller than the last 2 but I'm loosing vision in my right eye so something has to be done. Because it's not a bleed it's not urgent so I figure I have a month or better before all test and a decision is made. I think I'll learn meditation to quiet some of my fears. Have you tried anything to help stay calm?

Prayers to you too!

Cathy - I go to the gym and walk on the beach--seems to keep me going. Actually I was on the treadmill at the gym when I had my rupture 10 years ago! (so I don't know why it makes me calm)! I also go to a yoga class-you should try that because it really is soothing. ------------Don't like the fact that you are having vision problems, have you been to an Neuro-ophthalmologist ? Specializing in problems that involve the eye and brain. I had to see one after my rupture because I couldn't see using both eyes together and he was great. Let me know how you make out.

Hi ~ I'm actually off to see a neurosurgeon right now. I'm sure he'll cover everything today. I've thought about yoga and now sounds like a good time to give it a try. Are you able to see better now? Did you loose any vision?

Best,

Cathy

Yes I lost vision somewhat in my left eye right after the rupture--had to wear a patch for a few months then it gradually got better but never got back to what it was. Let me know how you make out at the NS.

Hi Martie,

Neurosurgeon appointment went well...no surprises. I need an angiogram (I was hoping the CTA would be enough) to see what the next step is. Don't know what I'm wishing for 1. wait and keep an eye on it or 2. have surgery again. Both carry some pretty big worries. I am glad that your sight got better...that's hopeful. I'll be satisfied if the vision doesn't get worse.

Next step angiogram then more answers.

Thanks Martie!