Newly diagnosed

and happy to have found this site. I was told today that I have a basilar aneurysm 5mm and a 5mm cavernous aneurysm both uninterrupted thank God. I also have 2 very small ones that will be watched. The 2 5mm aneurysms are going to be clipped I believe as the endovascular option isn't one for me because my vessels are too small and they are afraid to cause a stroke trying to do them that method. I am going to be scheduled for the open surgery. I am finding lots of good info here and am starting to feel a bit better about things but it is still scary at best. It is good to know of so many positive outcomes, praying and keeping positive that mine will be also. Thoughts and prayers are with all of you too to be/remain healthy. Due to the complexity of the basilar annie, I may need two separate surgeries to address them. Each day is a gift...appreciate you folks being out there for support.

Corinne...welcome...

It is warming/rewarding to read what all has been explained to you by your doctors...

Prayers for each step of yours...and, that you will keep us updated...

Pat

Welcome Corinne! good to see you here! thanks for sharing- this is how we learn from each other and also build friendships and comradery. I am surprised you cannot do endovascular since I did and my veins are thin and wirey and they always had to try 3 times to get blood draws, anyway take care and God Bless you and yours!~~~

Welcome Corrine and this is an unbelievable support system that you can always lean on to be there for YOU and being scared is the first normal reaction to an Annie diagnosis; if you weren't scared; I'd be worried for you... :). Yet with your Positive Mental Attitude coupled with your Faith (Forwarding All Issue To Heaven); you are going to sail thru this storm and soon you will find that beautiful rainbow waiting just for YOU!!!

Blessings for Comfort, Courage & Strength to YOU as you start your way thru this Journey!

Michele

Dear Corrine. I’m so glad you found this site. Also you found 2 aneurysms and they both uninterrupted. You’re scheduled for open surgery. You found a good surgeon, and there is a planned action to solved your aneurysm discovery - surgery. I know it is scary. But thank God, you found it early. And it didn’t ruptured like many survivors on this site, me included. My thoughts and prayers are with you on your surgery. Please returned and tell us about it. The site is a God send pre- and post- surgery. The survivors are wonderful people willing to help with first hand knowledge of aneurysms. Yes, Corrine each day is a gift!

thank you, I do feel blessed for sure. Currently rounding up resources and when that is complete will set a surgery date.

thanks for the support. I am so happy I found this site because if you are not touched by this there is no possible way to understand the depth that this can affect you. Having support and folks out there is awesome...

My Doc didn't feel confident with endovascular as the basilar annie is deep and he told me that he felt it would cause unnecessary risk for me trying to get that one by endovascular. The one behind the eye would probably be ok if it were on its own. Am thinking he feels the open surgery would give the best results. He is going to try to do both in one surgery, I hope he can I don't have to do a 2nd surgery. I have a disabled spouse and he is unable to care for himself and depends on me for his ADLs, not too much help available for me with this venture.

thank you, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you too....

Thank you :-) it is good to know you folks are out there, and grateful for knowing there are so many positive outcomes out there too...unless folks are touched by this it is difficult for them to understand the depth that it can reach inside you and shake your foundation.

t:-) I have to admit I was thrown with this but reading the blogs and finding information has helped immensely to calm some of the fears. No one has gone through this in my current circle of family and friends, and it was a long journey to arrive at this diagnosis. I spent 2 years going from one doctor to another and ERs with horrendous headaches trying to find their source. I also had a injury at work to my cervical spine which left me with 3 bulging discs that I thought were at the bottom of this issue. I also had a herniated disc which was removed at the time of injury. That is how the annies were found, through all the testing that was done. It was a frustrating journey to get here but I am thankful that they are uninterrupted and am safe for now. Doc said I could safely wait until I can get resources lined up to help me with the aftermath so that is my current mission.

Corinne....

You have been so blessed just in your initial diagnosis and recommendations...I am thrilled for you...I was coiled on (and off) the internal carotid artery...

Prayers you will have help with your hubby during your time away from home and during your initial recovery...no matter how great the treatment...there is still some healing/recovery...and, rest so needed.

Can you secure help thru some social/community/county site (right words blanking) during the time of your hospitalization and initial recovery?

Hugs and prayers for "one" open surgery...and, your healing/recovery...you have been blessed with your doctor's explanations and plans/goals...

Pat

Hi Pat, I have checked into help for him but there is nothing out there for respite care. He will be staying with his brother for my time in the hospital and for a week after that, two weeks total. After that I have to rely on my best friend and possibly my brother for intermittent support. I will have to talk to the social worker about what is available for me. Hopefully my son will be with me for the first week back home. He lives in Colorado and will come home for my surgery thankfully. He is 72 and I am 61 and our community doesn't have anything for seniors for this type of assist. Thanks for the suggestions and prayers, still gathering info. My anticipated surgery will be in September so I still have time for more research...

Hi, I have always been appreciative of life in general and of the little things such as the sun on your face and have faith in God, He hasn't let me down yet. I thank Him every morning for the wake up and all the blessings given to me. I will definitely be hanging around on this site, I find a lot of hope and encouragement here that all will be ok, and am truly grateful for all of you being here...the logistics to get everything into place is a buggar :-)

Corinne...you are blessed to have family who can assist...time/distance can be so difficult for so many...so glad to know they can be with you...

Pat

pat.om@frontier.com said:

Corinne...welcome...

It is warming/rewarding to read what all has been explained to you by your doctors...

Prayers for each step of yours...and, that you will keep us updated...

Pat

I just wanted to stop by and let folks know that the surgery was successful, but it came very close with an interruption from the MCA aneurysm. They were able to clip both with the one surgery so hopefully they will behave themselves and I won't have to go back in. It was an 8 hour surgery and difficulty getting back out of the meds as they make you tired and fuzzy as well as the amount of anesthesia you get pumped in. I go for my staple removals next week, wish me luck :-) hoping every one is doing well and are successful with following their individual plans...looking forward to getting past this totally...thanks everyone for being there for me...

How nice of you to give us an update, Corinne! I am glad you are doing well. Wishing you a swift recovery.

Feeling very blessed as it could have gone really south with waiting even doc thought it was safe to wait and was concerned when he got in last week. …Feeling. blessed :heart: