How has a brain aneurysm changed your life positively?

I've had an amazing recovery and I just love my new life. I've reconnected with God and I've completely changed my life. I have a new career that I love and I'm just able to enjoy each day. The road to get here wasn't easy though. I was able to return to my executive position not long after my SAH and surgery and continued in that position for almost 5 years. But the hectic pace took a real toll on my body. I started to gain weight, drink too much, and slip into a depression. I don't know how much of this is because of changes caused by the SAH. But I suspect that it had a lot to do with it. My values were just different but I tried to go back to my old life and that didn't work. Once I decided to let go of that old life, it's been a blast.

I decided to become a volunteer at a local hospital which is something I never would have dome before in what I call my "other life". I get great satisfaction from helping others no matter how minor it may be. It is very fulfilling.

My aneurysm in August 2001 was a Blessing from God. It helped me meet him again. I look at life very differently. It's so precious. I realize that sometimes he get's our attention in a big way. I now take the dirt road any chance I get....I hold family a little closer, squeeze my grandchildren a little tighter and laugh more often. I go for short hikes on the Appalachian trail here where I live. I listen to the sounds around me. The babbling stream and the sound of crunching leaves under my feet. I also know that if my life had went on without being thrust into that deep valley I would not have this this sense of renewal. Every moment is a gift from God. We can't enjoy the good in this life without experiencing bad first. We just dust ourselves off and get back on the trail. Use your trial as a positive experience.

"BE UNSTOPPABLE"

Love it Victoria!

Alice,

Thank you so much for the information. I'll try to contact Dr. Fife and get her input. Thanks again :)

Bob