Hi I'm New

Hi everyone I am a survivor from 14 months ago a right side Haemorrhage which was repaired through a cerebral stent through the femoral artery and my main symptoms now are still nervous system issues such as balance numbness in my feet especially the left side and compromises to my speech language. I find the Neural fatigue is still pretty bad I am tired after three or four hours of being awake and have to rest my eyes or nap for at least an hour in the dark quietness. Meditation has helped me a lot to overcome the emotional trauma of my accident and the burst. I fell down 15 stairs while I had my stroke. I am from Toronto and love to any of you or hear from!

Welcome @vidyasawh! A fall down 15 stairs is quite a tumble, yikes! Meditation is a fantastic way of dealing with a rupture, good for you! We’re really glad you joined our group. The members here are all amazing. Read our stories, ask questions and join in any discussion. If you’d like to start a new conversation, simply click on the new topic “+” sign. If you have any questions on maneuvering the site send a PM to me or ModSupport which is done by clicking on the avatar, mine is one of our pups and ModSupport is the Mod Squad avatar. Looking forward to all you have to offer!

Welcome vidyasawh! So very sorry to hear what you are going through. You are definitely a very strong and resilient person for going through so much. Some of the effects of having an aneurysm is anxiety, which dr never warned me about. Plus all the other stuff like fatigue, headaches, dizziness, nausea & pain. 2yrs ago an MRI discovered a 5mm unruptured aneurysm close to my brain stem and I ended up in the ER from worrying too much. I had complications after the brain stent procedure and still recovering. Meditation and medication helped but still could not function so I just stopped working. Good for you for resting, it’s probably the most important thing we could do for our body to heal. I started therapy and joined an anxiety group and that has been more helpful than meds. My wife got me a Rottweiler puppy and bonding with him has has uplifted my spirits. Thoughts and prayers and wishing you a good recovery. btw, use to visit relatives in Toronto and always enjoyed your awesome city, living in No. California now. Take care.

1 Like

Hi! I’m new here as well as my aneurysm just ruptured two months ago. Everyone on here seems super nice and supportive. I hope everything goes well for you! I know I need to start meditating, and I am glad it is helping you.

2 Likes

Hi @laura1
Time will make wonders and as I mentioned earlier I think that your youth is your superpower.
Please get back to us whenever you want and tell us how you are doing.

2 Likes

Start with relaxation breathing as you can do this many, many times a day

1 Like