Fusiform located on Baslier Artery

Sally...I think it is great for the "area" to be covered...regardless of the variance in size/shape... the location is so critical...you are blessed to b able to work....driving is incidental...I could pass the driver test...and, not remember if I had eaten...nor read a page in a book ...or remember it...I'd have been delighted to trade that option w/you.. Over time, I did learn to take taxi whenever feeling/sensing fatigue...distance...If a friend cannot drive (time/activity)...I take a taxi. I have one excellent one...that I have selected....I use my car/driving for my close shopping 25-35 mph...and, have been contemplating giving it up...and using taxi for all...but it costs...gas, maintenance, insurance...so there are so many trade-offs...right now, I stupidly use both...and, yes, I have passed my license renewal tests...

A lot of people in this forum have had that - you mean "basilar" artery? My own aneurysm was there, it was enormous and it ruptured, yours, you say is small and unruptured, so I guess it doesn't really compare. However, four and a half years on from it being coiled, my mobility is good (though I'm not yet allowed to drive), I am working again, from home, as a proofreader and copy editor for authors, which requires quite a bit of concentration. You're fortunate that yours has been detected and is being monitored. I had no idea mine was there until it suddenly ruptured. Relax!

thanks for this info...and your prior note on the attempted coiling...shifting to open surgery...so reflects quality care.... and which appears to be carried forth by your wife's results...you both have been so blessed...

Forgot to note earlier...I love your comment on 'valuable real estate'...reminds me of the one book authored by Dr. Eric Nussbaum...

However, I now think we can view the medial temporal lobe (limbic system) as a small studio set up...

Greg said:

My wife was 39. Her aneurysm was small post-rupture. Not sure if it was larger prior to her SAH. Post-bleed, it measured only 4.9 mm.

Praise...I wandered to your initial responses here... before to you...

My limited knowledge...I understand fusiform aneurysms are a low percentage of aneurysms.

I do not know if there is a Group site for them...or some other FB site or elsewhere....

I have doing research for some time (hey, I ma so slow)... recently learned there is more indepth data if searching by: name anatomy and physiology

You may want to try: http://www.yoursurgery.com/ProcedureDetails.cfm?BR=4&Proc=87

Or do the anatomy and physiology... search for many other sites... This one above covers numerous types/areas of procedure... tho it is geared at the Endovascular coiling...

I have not yet had mental time to search for open surgery equivalent websites... tho have read the two books (noted on this main site page) authored by neurosurgeons.

Wishing you the best and that you will keep us posted.