Treatment

I am having my aneurysm treated on the July 19 at Mayo Clinic. They are going to try a coiling but because of location it might end up being a clipping. Any thoughts?

Hi Jill. I do have a thought for you. Why do a coil? I know MANY people do that and are quite successful, but from what I have learned, there is a chance it could continue to grow. That and the fact I would need a stent as well because of the size of the neck helped me decide to do the clipping. Neither is guaranteed, but once I have my follow up angiogram and we see the clips were successful, I'm done. No more neurosurgeons........I hope. Not trying to scare you by any means, but think long and hard about it and educate yourself. Again though, if your Drs. feel it's best to do the coil, put all your trust in them because they are the experts.

Either way, best wishes for success and a speedy recovery. You got this! :)

thanks for your insight and support.

You bet. I hope you are really reading lots of things on here and make sure you watch some of the webinars. They are amazing and will help you so much. I am devoted to this site now and getting the word out. If all my nagging gets even ONE person to find out they have one, then my job has been done. Knowing is more than half the battle!

Why not a ped? How large is the annie? Location? I had the ped put in two months ago. Mine was 16mm in cavernous sinus. Had a wide neck. Ask tons of questions. It is his body, so he has the right to know all options for himself. Just trying to help. Good luck and lots of prayers to your family :slight_smile:

Kelly

It's 7mm location middle cerebral artery.

I had one on right middle cerebral which was clipped in April 12mm wide neck and will be seeing my surgeon on Monday to discuss one on left middle cerebral 9mm narrow neck which option I want. Originally I was going to go with coiling of the 2nd one but since I have had the "hard one" done first, I will do it all again for the next one because the results are better, long term, less risks and I was out of the hospital in 6 days. (Easy aye Dawn)