Energy...need some what to do?

What do you for energy. I am tired of dragging my butt. Need to feel alive, get things done. My house is a mess! Yard needs work. Office needs organized. Cant bring myself to do any of it. The tension in my husband is killing me cuz he is having to do everything. Prescription? Health Store... I don't care I will get it.

Just my 2 cents Camille...but remember you are still healing...and "lack of energy goes along with healing"...However, that being said...to have energy ... we must often create it... by exercise...take a walk...maybe just around the block and each evening get one item on a list done ... so you feel like you accomplished something...I find if I sit too long...I have less energy...~ keep us posted... ~ Colleen

Hi Camille - Colleen is right, cut yourself a bit of slack..you have had brain surgery for goodness sakes. I am 18 months post rupture and am just now back to feeling how I did before. I took a good long look at my diet - when I came out of the hospital I was 88 lbs and had to bulk up, which I did, but now I have to maintain instead of gain. I joined "spark people" online which is a really cool food and exercise tracker and found that I ate way too many carbs and not enough protein..changed my diet around a bit and am happy to say I have lots more energy - didn't realize high carbs = low energy. I start my day off with light exercise and that seems to help energy levels too. I'm sorry there is tension with your husband - there is at times with mine too, but I have learned to listen to my body, rest when I need it and don't sweat the small stuff like a messy house.

hi Camille- great advice above, I also tried b vitamins- they helped but its no magic bullet, get drs ok first - I read scary stuff re b-12 and veins but dr said ok, Don't be hard on yourself and let others help you- I know its difficult but just think of all you been thru!! This is a marathon battle to be fought by the platoon-not just yourself. Hang in there better days are ahead. Break chores down into small groups like clear desk clutter in morning, vacuum bedroom in pm etc etc You can do this!! and if not that clutter can wait! I know how you feel and it seems to build up and get overwhelming then subside, don't worry things will work out~~~there was a webinar a few times ago re this- I will look and hopefully get back to you-it was very uplifting-ciao!

I had my coiling in June of this year and my stamina is definitely not what it was. It seems to be increasing slowly, but I nap every afternoon for an hour or so. My family tells me I am not the same person I was before the coiling. More stressed, emotional, react to situations that didn't used to bother me, etc. Is that normal???

I have to tell you what happened to me after my aneurysm....All of the radiology set off my thyroid. I became unable to move basically. Have you had yours checked? There is a great, great source for thyroid education on FB at....don't laugh, but "Thyroid Sexy" It is Gena Lee Nolan who use to be a Baywatch star, she has now written a book and is a thyroid advocat.

I have learned so much on that group, and just wanted to pass it on. I know the exhausted feelings after an aueurysm it's not easy....XXX D