Dizziness

I am 13 yrs. out of a clipping for a fairly large (unruptured) annie behind my right eye. I have always had dizziness, even before surgery. I think we tend to blame everything on surgery, since it was such a major thing, it seems like surgery is to blame. Probably complications from things that we can't control that have to be done to save our lives. I do not have a shunt. Which I don't know would matter or not. I do think fluid seems to accumulate at times and therefore does make you feel weird. I did do Neurocom balance therapy which helped me alot. I have some vestibular issues now, and they gave me exercises to do that really help. My balance is terrible and this really helped. You can google Nerocom and check it out. Hang in there and try not to freak out when it happens, that only makes your blood pressure go up and makes it worse. I do some deep breathing which helps to, with the anxiety that goes along with the aftermath of surgery. Robyn

It has been 2 years and 2 months for me since my coiling. I had the same problem of being dizzy and light headed in the first year, this was always my complaint when I see my doctor, it gradually is better now. I avoided exercises that involves bending, looking down like downward dog yoga poses to avoid getting dizzy. I avoid large crowds like mall, etc. I understand it takes time to heal, I am patient. Just don't the things that trigger the dizziness, for now.

I am 23 months out from ruptured Annie being coiled also have a second one 3 mm that is being watched get dizzy, aniexty and my heads tends to swell on the side my clipping was done on. No complaints just grateful to be alive.

HI

It was my right eye and when I look back at photos I think oh my god what a freak but at the time it never bothered me I guess I had other things to worry about lol. I must say that before rupture which was Sept 2013 I got up tight easily and hate to admit it but loved an argument, but have gone the total opposite now, i avoid any situation where arguments can start and let people get away with things just to keep the peace, and take life a bit more slowly now. Do a lot of self talking and try to push myself especially when out and about shopping etc hate the feeling of looking around up and down as all this seems to set things off. I had 6 months off work and went back full time, as I work in a school I was offered part -time hours but at the time thought no way is this going to get the better of me . I suppose I was being stubborn at the time but I am now considering doing less hours as when we are on school holidays I feel so much better or is this me just being lazy. I try to say to myself if dizziness is the only lasting effect I have then I am lucky and should be happy ,but on those off days doesn't feel like that. Hope you are starting to get back to some sort of normality and i'll come out with that saying that I heard so many times.

"you have been through a hell of an ordeal give your self time and don't rush things, it will get better" Take Care xx

JulesinOH said:

Hi Kaz! It was my left eye totally shut and had the lazy eye from 3rd nerve palsy. Was it your right one? How long since your clipping? Have you had emotional changes...lack of filter, ect., like I was describing? It just has to be the frontal lobe limbic system. I was such a calm, patient person before. You?

Kaz said:

Thank you this sounds like me haha. On release from hospital right eye totally closed and my left eye had a mind of its own did amuse my kids at the time. Shopping is an issue I reckon its because I'm looking around or up and down these movements can lead to a dizzy spell. Nice to know it isn't just me feeling like this.

JulesinOH said:

I am 5 months post clipping non ruptured. It is was attached to my optic nerve...so I had a few months with monovision and retraining my eyes to work together. I still have some occasional vertigo and dizziness. Sometimes when outside of the house, like grocery shopping on my own. It's almost like there is some anxiety attached with it. I felt that way when I first started driving again, felt nauseous too. I just kept going, plugging through it, doing self talk telling myself I was okay and everything would be alright. It does pass and has become less frequent. Now, if I could just stop losing control of my emotions like yelling like a crazy person at our cats. Or getting mad while waiting 2 1/2 hrs to begin an MRI, leaving without one and driving crazy fast home due to being angry and having to screech to a halt behind a stopped person. Then some more self talk...chill, chill...

Hi I was clipped 13yrs ago (September) and I still have dizziness xxx

Hi, I ruptured over 2 years ago and I’m dizzy 24/7 - it’s awful.

Are you on anti seizure meds? I’m 18 mos post op clipping, I have dizziness & light headedness often. I read where anti seizures meds can contribute. I see my neurologist and neurosurgeon this month for check ups, will discuss this matter.

No not on any meds never have been.,only when I was in hospital.
fsmoore said:

Are you on anti seizure meds? I'm 18 mos post op clipping, I have dizziness & light headedness often. I read where anti seizures meds can contribute. I see my neurologist and neurosurgeon this month for check ups, will discuss this matter.