Dizziness

i had spinning dizzy spells upon lying down and arising, it was an inner ear infection that antibiotics cleared up thank God, It was very scary

I had 2 aneurysms coiled February 2012. One ruptured. I have had intermittent vertigo since. It comes and goes. The longest time it has been gone is 4.5 months. My episodes only last a few minutes at a time. There will be a few issues every day for weeks or months, then they will be gone for weeks or months. No rhyme or reason. Hope yours get better. I have been very fortunate that it’s never happened while I’m driving.

I had coiling post 2 yrs. I have had two bouts of dizziness , which was diagnosed as Vertigo. I was told by medical MD that once diagnosed with Vertigo, it is here to stay . The Vertigo will come and go.

December will be 5 yrs post clipping and am watching another. Yup dizziness. I also get numbness in the head and face and head pains. They are not always together… I can be dizzy with no other symptoms… I have numbness with no other symptoms…They put it all in the category of “migraines” they claim it the aura of the migraines ? ??? I don’t believe it migraines, never had them prior, don’t get the typical symptoms of a migraine. But that is what they say, my new norm

Good luck to you, feel better

My husband had his brain aneurism surgery in 2011. He has severe dizziness. They say it’s autonomic dysfunction.

I am 11 years out from my clipping. I have this problem, I am seeing an ENT who has said I have BPPV, which is vertigo. They have treatments for it and they seem to be working. I hope this helps.

I have 2 aneurysms one coiled on Feb 10 2014 and one found on march 6th 2015 I have had plenty of dizziness a matter of fact I was diagnosed with vertigo first then that’s how they found my first aneurysm and since then I have had them ever since I going to the er in the morning because it has gotten so bad I’ve been dizzy for 1 week and a half there really is no cure meds don’t work it comes and goes.

Hi Kaz! It was my left eye totally shut and had the lazy eye from 3rd nerve palsy. Was it your right one? How long since your clipping? Have you had emotional changes…lack of filter, ect., like I was describing? It just has to be the frontal lobe limbic system. I was such a calm, patient person before. You?

Kaz said:

Thank you this sounds like me haha. On release from hospital right eye totally closed and my left eye had a mind of its own did amuse my kids at the time. Shopping is an issue I reckon its because I’m looking around or up and down these movements can lead to a dizzy spell. Nice to know it isn’t just me feeling like this.

JulesinOH said:

I am 5 months post clipping non ruptured. It is was attached to my optic nerve…so I had a few months with monovision and retraining my eyes to work together. I still have some occasional vertigo and dizziness. Sometimes when outside of the house, like grocery shopping on my own. It’s almost like there is some anxiety attached with it. I felt that way when I first started driving again, felt nauseous too. I just kept going, plugging through it, doing self talk telling myself I was okay and everything would be alright. It does pass and has become less frequent. Now, if I could just stop losing control of my emotions like yelling like a crazy person at our cats. Or getting mad while waiting 2 1/2 hrs to begin an MRI, leaving without one and driving crazy fast home due to being angry and having to screech to a halt behind a stopped person. Then some more self talk…chill, chill…

I had coiling done just over a year ago. At first I was really dizzy. If I closed my eyes over the bathroom sink I’d almost pass out. I can drive now I just have to be careful not to look both ways too fast or that makes me feel dizzy. The weird thing is when I get chemo treatments the dizziness gets less; when I have a break from chemo the dizziness gets worse. So far, no explanation given…I just figure with chemo I’m too tired to be dizzy.

I had a SAH two years ago and still suffer from dizziness. It mostly happens when I am very tired and when the weather systems change dramatically. Mine can last all day. Drs. have no reason why. They just do not understand.

2 years post wrapping. (Planned on a clipping but when he got in there, had he clipped it I would have lost sight in my left eye)
I get dizzy watching roller coasters on TV, or even just watching anything that spins. I don’t have to be on it, just looking at it. I just close my eyes and chill. You just have to relax. But like someone mentioned above, I think anxiety has a lot to do with it. Stay hydrated!
xoxo

I had a clip almost 6 years ago, and I was dizzy for awhile, then I ended up going to a cardiologist and had my blood pressure adjusted, because it was running a little high. After that the dizziness went away. I have felt great ever since. Good luck, it will get better.

See if your primary dr will refer you for VNG testing: dizziness & balance. I did & it helped identify my vertigo triggers for physical-occupational therapy. Basically i have a lot of hardware in my head & the original bleed near optical nerve. I am adapting, knowing-avoiding the triggers. Good luck :slight_smile:

Under the "Resources" section here, Moltroub provided a brochure under Basic Brain Info...

It is a brain overview of the Skilled Medical Rehab Center @ Florida Institute for Neurologic Rehab, Inc

Table of Contents: by Page #

1: Introduction

2: The Head and Brain ...Structure and Functions...from:

the Skull, the Cortex (Cerebrum) of the Lobes: Frontal, Parietal, Temporal and Occipital;

The Cerebellum; the Brain Stem and Cranial Nerves.

10: Brain Injuries... to Page 22...including hemorrhages & Hematoma; Epidural Hematoma; Intracerebral Hematoma, Subdural Hematoma; Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Intraventricular Hemorrhage, Aneurysms,

and Seizures

23: Assessment and Treatment

28: Intensive Care

34: Acute Hospitalization

39: symptoms after Brain Injury: physical problems, cognitive impairments, behavioral disorders.

41: Family Adjustments

45: Isolation

46: Expectations

47: How to Help

49: Managing Stress

51: Members of the Team

53: Q & A

55: Glossary

60: Appendix of Medical Illustrations

61: Suggested Readings

62: Notes

So hope this will be helpful in understanding where, and why the pain/discomfort...may provide other terminology to extend your research for developing your questions for your doctors...to better understand.

And, the print is large and easy to read...

I had coiling almost 14 months ago and I get nervous and jittery coming down the steps. I have also experienced dizziness while sitting. I am going to be evaluated by a neurologist on June 12TH. Hopefully I can get some answers because my new life is scary. My family doesn’t understand and all of them responds negative to what I am experiencing. One of my family members told me I complain too much and all I did was talk about what I am experiencing and don’t know why. I’m grateful to be ALIVE no matter how scary it feels. I am blessed to have this support because I know someone can relate.

I am 7 years post rupture and clipping…OMG dizzy for 7 long hard years…funny thing is it is always in the morning hours…gets better later in afternoon, I am thinking it has something to do with being in the prone all night!?

God give me strength! And thank you for my life…I can now say I have had a glimpse of Heaven and have walked straight through hell! Btw I was 28 days in a coma,6 long weeks in a nursing home ,insurance ran out so hurrah I got to come home to get well…Short term memory shot to H…,but I get around on my own,drive,walk,talk hike…
Ahhh but I am ALIVE…a miracle they assure me!

Started feeling dizzy and off balance April 2013.That is why I had an MRI which is how they found the aneurysm. The aneurysm was coiled November 2013, and I still get dizzy, feel off balance and sometimes walk sideways. My primary care says it could be related to the aneurysm, but my neurologist insists that my aneurysm is "fixed" and should not be causing me any problems. It is frustrating when the Dr.'s say I should not be having the problems that I do. I did go to vestibular therapy and it helped a little.
Tuggsgranny said:

I had 1 clipping and 2 coilings It's been approx 5 years now and yes I still get "light headed feelings". Doesn't last but about 5 mins or so. Dr say it's not related to clippings or coilings but I totally believe it does because I never had that before Hope you better

wow rosalie!! i am so happy you recovered so well!! i am blind left side of both eyes so i cannot drive 6 yrs post sah and stephanie i am so sorry they are rude and clueless towards you, i think we all experiemce that a little but no one has said that to me but i suspect they are thinking it, esp the kids, tc xoxo

I am 15 years from my clipping, and find that I am falling a lot. Maybe because I’m getting older (75) the only change I’ve experienced in the last year or so, is I have cut down on my seizure medication (with the permission of my GP and neurologist). The medicine is carbemazapine (from 600mg to 400mg a day). Have you done anything like this?

David Andrus, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Good morning. I had coiling in Sept 2013. I frequentleing have not dizzy spells but feelings of light head or without sounding weird, I feel like my head is swollen at times. I also was told there is not a connection to the Annie or to the coiling, but I didn’t have it before. On a good note, I used to get shock like little jolts in my head, that disappeared as soon as the coiling procedure was done
My eyes are not the same and fast motion bothers me at times. However it doesn’t last and I never feel like I will pass out. Could be anxiety , we all have much more on our minds now

I am more aware of my health and I do not take it for granted. By doing this, I hope to prevent future problems as best as I can. Some good things can come out of the not so good. Wishing everyone continued good health and joy and blessings.