Depression, anxiety after aneurysm not surprising

Hey Tina, I’m so sorry you feeling this way, I an imagine what you mean by saying you don’t feel yourself anymore and that’s sad but I guess you had the strength of going through all of this and I’m sure you can still fight for your fears, I don’t think you need meds but just friends and try to escape the routine, I know it might sounds silly and I know all words of the world won’t really make different right not to you but please help yourself. I wish you good luck and hope you’ll get better soon.

Tina, I had an ruptured aneurysm on 4/17/17. I still have the headaches but they are maintained. I know what you mean when you say you don’t feel like the same. I used to want to go out but now I just prefer to stay home and I really don’t want to do anything. I am back to work fulltime but by the time I get off work I am mentally exhausted. My doctor put me on anxiety meds that appear to be helping, but there are times I just don’t feel good. I truly know what you are feeling. There are many people including myself that will be here if you need to ask questions or just vent. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

On 5/10/2012 I had a rupture. 3 hospitals, a flight for life, and a heart that needed a jump start on the helicopter ride. Brain injuries like this are not visible on the outside, other than how we act/behave. I’m not sure if many others understand. I’m now in a relationship with a beautiful person with epilepsy. She gets it. Never give up.
You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart…I’ll always be with you. You are loved more than you know. Peace all! Life goes on. This is our “second chance”. Music is also very therapeutic. The first song I heard on the radio after arriving home about a month later was this one. https://youtu.be/YH8QICzCO8g . Find your song AND SING it like you’re in the shower.

1 Like

Well I had ruptured anerism and had to have a stent placed in then it didn’t work properly CV had to be adjusted been 9 months of hell very bad anxiety which I had anyways but now the depression and frustration sorry for ranting needed to vent

Maybe I am just crazy but I don’t have anxiety about my health. I wake up ever single day feeling so blessed to have woken up. Headaches occasionally but nothing I can’t manage.

My faith is stronger than ever and I take great care of my mind, body and soul. I pray you find peace…

Hi Jackie1, Nope, don’t think you’re crazy! I too feel blessed to just be able to wake and get out of bed! I do happen to forget at times how blessed I am just to be alive and without major issues! Just need to remind myself at times and finding this group has helped me so very much!

How many hours do you sleep during the night ?

never give up hope - I know it has been 3 years and I hope you have recovered further