Anuerysms

Aloha All! I haven’t posted for years since I joined after my 2008 aneurysm. Since then I have improved a great deal but unfortunately I was involved in a major car accident which set me back a lot. The bright side is I got more up to date rehabilitation after the car accident! I’m doing well but retired. I just want to put in my two cent opinion about the coiling technique which saved my life and thousands of others. When I was going to medical school I was taught that the mortality rate for cerebral aneurysms were 98%. Coiling has improved that odds tremendously all because of a wild eyed graduate student who came up with the technique! I would advocate for coiling over the older technique of craniotomy. Less damage to surrounding brain tissues! Hulaterri

1 Like

I was very fortunate to have had the coiling and stent procedure for my aneurysm in December. This resulted in 21 coils and 2 stents in the Y formation. I have just had my first follow up appointment with my doctor and I am very pleased that I opted for this treatment as clipping was also available. I have been told that coiling is the preferred method of treating aneurysms today.

Aloha Teresa! First day back in some years for me too! Glad you’re doing well, hate it you have the experience of a car accident though. I didn’t know about those he grad student but I’m glad folks listened so I could say hey!