Aneuyrsms and Nexium

A new study came out from Stanford that links the use of Nexium to aneurysms ---anybody else use Nexium for an extended period of time?

Got a link to the study, Mary? I'd like to read it, if you do.

Found it in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette this week or last...

I found an article from a week ago in the Pittsburgh Post about Nexium and increased heart attacked risk, with a Stanford doc quoted. Nothing about Nexium and aneurysms, though, Mary:

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/health/2015/06/11/Common-heartburn-medications-linked-to-greater-risk-of-heart-attack/stories/201506110120

Finally, they looked at records of 1,503 people in another, ongoing study who had suffered heart attacks, cardiac arrest, stroke, heart failure or a ruptured aneurysm to determine how many were using proton pump inhibitors. found this in the article..

Wanda said:

Finally, they looked at records of 1,503 people in another, ongoing study who had suffered heart attacks, cardiac arrest, stroke, heart failure or a ruptured aneurysm to determine how many were using proton pump inhibitors. found this in the article..

It is connected to blood vessels and I've been on those since they were invented...

Thanks for the link Madere! I have some serious questions on this data gathering. 1) if it’s a computer doing the work why is there a 16 - 21% variance? 2) what other variables were discovered? Would’ve been real simple for a computer to identify gender, race, obesity, smoking, exercise, diet, stressors, etc. 3) what were the fail safes to stop the underpaid student or volunteer from basing the information? 4) did anyone get that even the dude from Stanford is saying a proper clinical study needed to be done to ascertain the data collection? I’m sure there are others I can think of but my dang brain is trying to recall statistics and I haven’t tutored that in decades. And there’s a reason I now use a credit card instead of cash…

I was on Omeprazole for years due to aspirin therapy. My rupture ended the use of both and I feel better.