After surgery

I had five Annie’s n I have headaches every day. Some worse then others. Floricet gets rid of them. For me at least

Hello All,

It’s been 8 years since my aneurysm. I live everyday scared of a recurrence. My doctor reassured me that I would not get another one as it’s not hereditary in my family. No one on my family every had one. I was the only one that I know of. How do you guys cope with the situation and put it behind you. It feels like I’m at the ER every time I get a headache. I guess I’m still scared since I was only 16 when I had mine. Any advice on how to deal with it?

Gianni,
May I suggest you begin a new discussion with your question? It’s a great question and I think you will get more replies if you have it on a discussion of its own.

Regards,
Moltroub

Gianni Avila said:
Hello All,

It's been 8 years since my aneurysm. I live everyday scared of a recurrence. My doctor reassured me that I would not get another one as it's not hereditary in my family. No one on my family every had one. I was the only one that I know of. How do you guys cope with the situation and put it behind you. It feels like I'm at the ER every time I get a headache. I guess I'm still scared since I was only 16 when I had mine. Any advice on how to deal with it?

Hey Gianni, I had 2 sah rupture 4 years ago. Every time I had a headache for the first 2 years I thought another one was coming. I have learned the longer we go without a reoccurring annie, the better. I know we are all miracles from God and are
are extremely blessed to be here!!!

Hi Doug,

Saw your question about Magnesium. I use the brand Physica, and it's Buffered Magnesium BisGlycinate with L-Taurine. And it's Magnesium Chelate, which is an Elemental Magnesium Glycinate buffered. Very effective. Check your local health food store. Hope that helps.

Joanne

Moltroub said:

Doug, the level of Magnesium Oxide though OTC that my neurologist prescribed Is kept behind the counter at my pharmacy. I have to ask for it and initially was asked why I wanted it. Remember even vitamins, minerals, herbs, can have effects on your body that need to be taken into consideration. A friend of mine tried taking magnesium oxide at a much lower dose and was not real happy that it also can make your bowels move - quickly. I had to explain that was what I meant when I said "no strain"

Doug said:
Mine come with weather changes. Where does one get a quality magnesium supplement that has good absorption rate?

Caroline,

I am almost 21 months out of surgery, had them for a few months after surgery and now there

back. I have been checked out a few times and all the scans show I am clear. Some people say its a way of life now, they will get better.

I’m worried as I have one anurism coiled in 2009 but have a small one in front somewhere being monitored every 3 yrs due next year for scan but yesterday during sex I got a pain in back of head that came around my left side if head into the eye that got affected by my first anurism it’s worried me all nite went dr who can’t give a reason and said she contact my neuron consultant to try and bring my scan forward had any one else ever experienced anything like this pkz

I had headaches myself for awhile after my Brain Aneurysm Surgery w/Clips, and about 2 years later they went away. You could see a bruise around where the skull was cut out, but that was it. As far as bruised feelings I don’t remember having any of those.

Pat,

You poor dears all of you, I can completely understand the fear and anxiety, all I can say is that the passage of time has REALLY helped chase the fear away. I am 25 years down the line, ruptured sub-arachnoid aneurysm 28 April 1989, three and a half weeks in hospital after the craniotomy and clipping, then 4 weeks of mostly being in bed before starting to get back to my life again. Two years of constant pain, pretty much day and night headaches, then a bit less, after 5 years a lot less, after 10 years much much less frequent headaches and today: normal working life, no limitations, only a few attacks of headaches (about 3) per year. I am no longer afraid something awful is going to happen. Things DO get better with time!

I had my SAH in 2011. Anuerysms ARE hereditary in my family. But noone took that seriously until I wound up in the hospital. I've had 2 angiograms (year 1 and 2) and was told I was good to go-no restrictions, except to come back for another angio at year 5. So many of you are so knowledgable, I am beginning to wonder if I should be concerned about something-anything?

Joy Kearney said:

You poor dears all of you, I can completely understand the fear and anxiety, all I can say is that the passage of time has REALLY helped chase the fear away. I am 25 years down the line, ruptured sub-arachnoid aneurysm 28 April 1989, three and a half weeks in hospital after the craniotomy and clipping, then 4 weeks of mostly being in bed before starting to get back to my life again. Two years of constant pain, pretty much day and night headaches, then a bit less, after 5 years a lot less, after 10 years much much less frequent headaches and today: normal working life, no limitations, only a few attacks of headaches (about 3) per year. I am no longer afraid something awful is going to happen. Things DO get better with time!

I don’t know if the bruised feeling is normal I still have it too. Wish I knew, it’s been 3 yrs since my surgery