4 Weeks today since clipping of my double aneurysm

Hi All,

It’s been 4 weeks today since the clipping of one of my double aneurysms at Addenbrookes in Cambridge. I was terrified to go down for the surgery but had the op at 8am & was awake at 6pm for dinner and not feeling too bad. The aneurysms clipped were MCA’s on the left side & the scar was from my right forehead to my left ear with 27 staples. After 2 days I ended up with 2 closed up black eyes, lots of head puffiness & began to feel very unwell with a very low blood pressure but still went home after 4 days. I have been taken back to emergency twice since with lots of swelling on head, face and lots of pain & weakness etc & they have done more CT scans & lots of tests but said everything will take time to recover. Thankfully after nearly 4 weeks things have started to improve & lots of the swelling has gone down and I’m taking less pain relief. I’m still very tired & got severe head pain but really happy that the surgery is over & that things are slowly getting back to some kind of normality. I still can’t go out yet but it’s nice to get up every day, get dressed, cook quick meals & sleep or rest as often as the body demands. Good luck to all out there who are going for their op soon & to say I found the fear of the surgery much stronger than the surgery itself , (I have attached pic of head after 2 weeks) god bless :slight_smile:
92-image.jpg (310 KB)

Susannah, so happy things are going well for you. Rest is a wonderful thing, get plenty of it!

So glad you are doing better! That sounds very scary.

Hello Susannah

Hope you feel much better soon. My surgery was on the left side as well!!! My aneurysm rupture and it was hard. But remember " RECOVERY IS NOT AN EVENT ITS A JOURNEY" I learned that in this website. Be kind to yourself and take your time , don't rush. The brain is so delicate.

My surgery was from my right forehead to all the way into my left ear as well. had a hard time with swelling and puffiness... Its much better nut every now and then still get puffy on the left side and my left ear hurts. But I feel so blessed that I am still here for my kids and my husband. God is an AWESOME GOD.

Take your time and recover at your own pace <3

I have been on this"journey" for 7 years since Mar 28th when I had a rupture and a clipping.
28 days in a coma,6 weeks in a nursing home…arg…very lucky to be at my dentist office when the rupture occurred,or the odds would have been very different indeed!
Each day often presents some small obstacle,lots of vertigo,some small headaches,lots of memory issues,I like to say…but hey…
" I beat the odds" I am alive! We are stronger than we know, be strong for YOU!
God Bless! RP

Glad you are on this side of surgery. Wishing you good healing thoughts. ~ myra

Sounds like you are on the road to recovery. I’m a little over a year post op from my clipping. Take it one day at a time and remember how blessed we are for every day we are given. Continue the great work and give yourself time to heal. Felicia

Hope you get better soon I didn’t have the option for my clipping my aneurysm bursted n didn’t even know I had one my 2nd aneurysm I had coiled I didn’t want the other side oft head opened good luck

Feel better! I had the same scar and swollen eyes. Nobody told me this but I decided to put a bag of frozen peas on the swelling and it really helped bring it down fast! My parents thought I was crazy but they had to admit it worked :slight_smile:

Good luck on your road to a full recovery take things easy don’t rush x

Suzannah:

Your body, head and mind need more time to heal. Take each day as a gift and give yourself some time. Sending virtual hugs and hoping you will feel much better quickly.

God bless you, sounds like you had a bit of a rough time, but you are on the other side of it now. Blue skies ahead, you will be surprised how quickly you will progress. Give yourself time and get the rest you need, you will be ok!

I echo everyone’s comments. As Audrey said…you will need time. Please allow yourself to heal.

Take good care of yourself and allow yourself plenty of rest for healing. I pushed myself physically too hard and had some set backs. Next month will be my 3 year anniversary of my clip surgery and the healing journey continues. Sending lots of healing your way :heart:

http://waiting.com/letter.html

Please read the above letter. I printed it out and kept it beside my bed every day of my recovery and it made me feel so good about going slow. My best wishes to you in your recovery.

Happy to know you are doing well. Wish you speedy recovery.

Suzannah
Take good care and take things easy, it takes time but you will get there.

God bless you. So glad you are on the way to recovery. Slow but steady is a good healing mantra. You're doing great.

Good to hear things have turned in the right direction of recovery for you. Wishing you all good things.

God Bless you!