4 Weeks today since clipping of my double aneurysm

So pleased for you i know how scared you were, all done now and time for lots of rest,spoil yourself you have done really well. You were also in the best place x

Fantastc…prayers for a speedy recovery and no complications.

Thanks for sharing. You have a great attitude and wonderful spirit. I wish you a speedy recovery :slight_smile:

Lisa

Be oh so gentle to yourself during your recovery. You might find it helpful to keep a daily journal so you can keep up with your progress and set backs. I had unruptured Annies and a craniotomy to clip them. Your memory may not be the best especially in the first few months, and if you feel depressed from your situation, the journal will serve as a reminder of all the baby steps you have made! My wonderful husband caretaker was quick to point out specifics to me on " bad" days. Sleep became my best friend too. Relief and regeneration ! Don’t be a hero by trying not to take your pain meds… What was that about I asked myself? Stay close to this website, because your group here can help get you through and quite frankly know more about what you are experiencing than your surgeon. I had no idea how long the recovery would be and how difficult it would be not just on me, but my caretaker. God bless you and take care!

Wishing you wellness from Texas.

My Lord…ur doing awesome to of been thru what all of this…I can’t fathom the thought of being at home only 4 days after BRAIN SURGERY! Your dr should not of sent you home so soon…but since he did you have weathered the storm…I had a coiling on 5mm anny rupture and stayed n the hospital 2 weeks 1-icu 1-reg room…I was at home 2 mo b4 being able to drive or work…you are a miracle my friend and cannot believe after having a procedure like you did…your strength n perseverance is admirable. .the dr n hospital should be ashamed of theirselves sending u home to recover w/o medical assistance. .God bless you n I will keep u n my prayers going up for continued strength.and .healing…recovery is always n process …I’m 6 yrs in recovery n wake up every morning giving thanks for another day n my fellow survivors. .we all are miracles…

Wonderful that you’re still here with the rest of us… It’s great to be a survivor.

Hi Suannah,

My brain aneurysm, which ruptured over 18 years ago, is clipped also. It sounds to me like you are recovering faster than I did. Take your time, rest, rest and rest some more. Your strength will come back. Wishing you well and keep up the good work.

Dianne

My scar looked just like that. I had an aneurysm clipped on my right MCA last July. My scar has flattened and my hair has grown back. I'm like you in that I found the fear of the surgery to be worse than the surgery itself. Very happy for you that you're feeling better with the passage of time.

May you continue to stay strong and optimist as you get better each day. May God bless you!

When I had my aneurysm, It was a total bleed, I had a clip behind my right eye. I was so medicated, I do not remember much other than was was told by family members. My cell was taken from me because I was making weird crazy statements. I was in ICU for 18 days and than 3 days in a regular room and then release. When I was in the hospital upon waking finding family and friends watching me, it was strange. Once I tried to get into the sink to bath and I tried to escape to go to the locale beach. They had to restrain m. My husband brought me wet pillows to put on the head. The pain was horrific. That was 3 1/2 years ago. I'm much better, happy to be here. Still adjusting to my new life. Wish all well.