A week after clipping

Hi All!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

According to my doctor, all went excellent! I had 2 aneurysms in the ACOM not just one! And the 2nd one was ready to pop! Now they are both obliterated and after this recovery I am good to go for 5 years with only an angiogram!

I think I mentally prepared myself for a week from hell…but it will be more then a week! My left eye is still rather sore and swollen from the surgery. I am very mentally fatigued and need to throw myself down for a nap several times throughout the day. And honestly, just a regular conversation with my mother exhausts me!

Back to rest up again!

Michele
132-image.jpg (758 KB)

I get so excited when I read updates like yours, Michele. :) Hurray! Be good to yourself, and have a pleasant holiday week!

That's amazing news! Glad to hear it was such a success. My fatigue improved in week 2, but it hasn't completely gone away for me yet (week 4). You might want to try elevating your head when you sleep- I bought a wedge pillow- to help with the swelling. It worked quite well for me.

Enjoy that feeling of relief!

Take lots of naps! Glad to hear the good news:)

I am just behind Kit in my recovery week 3. Hang in there it continues to get better. I had my follow up and had the 28 staples removed and am healing very well. I go back on Feb 4 for cat scan and if all is good I will be released for good. Hang in there the swelling with go away and you will start getting your energy back. Yesterday was my first day without a nap. Was tired but not as much as before. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Today is my 5th Anniversary of my survival of as I call it the day my head BLEW UP! I look at it as my second birthday! The Devil took his best shot but GOD said NOOOOOO! Praise God! Family and the doctors!
AMEN!

According to the doctor's I have 5 more years to before being worried about another one happening!

So cool to be ALIVE!

Hi Michrlr,

This is the first time I can even look at anything. My eye is swollen, double vision and no clarity yet. I've been completely legally blind. It's been hell and then some. I had the best roommate and she really helped me try to keep a positive attitude and not let the pain and other complications affect me too much. I was there six days. It's great to be home.Amen. I'll write more later.

I've been worried about you and couldn't wait to be able to see to look here. Today is the first time my eye opened up enough to reed with a magnifying glass for a little while. So, I'm happy you made it, can totally relate to whatever you're going through and will talk soon.

Take care,

Jeannine

Welcome to the other side, Michele! Glad they found the 2nd one and you are on your way to recovery. The fatigue is what took me the longest to recover from (after the pain lessoned and I just had coiling and a stent), so rest will do you good. Take care, Sherri