3+ weeks post surgery

Hello all,

First, thank you so much for being here. I am in my third week of recovery post surgical micro clipping of an anterior communicating artery berry aneurysm, it was unruptured. I also have connective tissue disorder, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, which is the underlying cause. At this point I feel like I’m doing well but I did end up back in the ER on Friday due to super high BP and beginning of cellulitis and I’m just looking for some advice on what to expect from here. My blood pressure has come down considerably since Friday but it’s still too high and I need to contact my reg doc and go on meds at least for short term. Cellulitis started responding to the anabiotic right away. Really just looking for advice on what to expect from here as far as recovery etc. I have instability in my cervical spine due to the EDS and am wearing my cervical collar but it’s certainly contributing to everything pain wise. I just talked my surgeons nurse and they are extending the pain medication and moved my next follow up with my surgeon to next week (I saw him last week had my sutures removed and was not going to see him again until the end of March). I would appreciate any advice feedback etc. on what to expect from here and want to thank you once again for being here.
Best,
Kara

Hi Kara!

Yes, the blood pressure needs to re resolved--I think just about all of us here are on some kind of BP meds, I'm on Lisinipril 40 Mg., and will undoubtably be on that the rest of my life, (fine by me)...theoratically, each day that comes should bring you more strength...don't overdo things and rest when your body tell you to ! Peace,

Janet

Kara...welcome...so glad Janet got to you...and, expect more w/open surgery will also...

Hi Kara...

I was coiled ... so I can't help too much...I can tell you ... the Bp needs to get under control...I am glad you are seeing a Doctor to get on some meds...also, be careful of your salt intake...

Please keep in mind...you are early in the healing journey...and takes time to know your "new normal"...Rest and make you Number one right now...~ Healing thoughts out to you ~ Colleen

Thank you, All! I saw my primary today and have started on BP meds :). Lots of follow ups scheduled in the next few weeks including with my cardiologist and a cardio thoracic surgeon to address or at least identify next steps for the really small dissections (healed) found on my right carotid and aortic arch when they did the CTA to assess my aneurysm. I am going to try really really hard to let go of my control freak ways and let all of this be, and take good care of myself. Hope you are all having a wonderful day.
Kara

Thanks sweetie for the update...Know that it takes a few days for the Bp meds to work...~ Colleen

Kara, glad to hear your surgery went well, although very sorry you are having the BP and infection issues. I hope the cellulitis clears up quickly. I saw your update too, good that you got in so quickly. Take care, sweetie.
God bless,
~ Carol