15 years and they just keep coming

I am a 15 year survivor as of March 9 this year. On Friday I had a routine angio follow up to see how things are doing. It has been a bit over 3 years since my last coiling procedure. I was hoping to get great news that everything is stable an unchanged, but as seems to be my luck, I have a new aneurysm (10mm) and one untreated we've followed for 7 years has grown.

Due to the length of time since last study, it's difficult to say if this is a slow growth or a rapid one. So, here we go again. The planning, the procedure, the recovery, then finally back to living.

I've been coiled, clipped, stented and coiled, and now looking at pipeline stent. If anyone had told me 15 years ago that I would have this much metal in my head I'd have thought them crazy.

As I write this I feel like a big whiner because despite the fact that I now have 10-12 aneurysms (depends on if one is multi-lobe or multiple as to how many), I am alive and healthy with no neuro or physical defects as a result of a rupture 15 years ago and so many procedures that I've lost track unless I pull out my medical records. I am alive and well but I am just plain pissed to have to do this again. No fear, no worry, just so aggravated I don't know what to do with myself.

I will stop now as I'm putting myself in a mood just typing this. Sorry to be a downer to anyone out there. The last couple of days have just been tough to deal with and this is a place I can vent without making a family member or friend feel pity for me, or worse, make them scared.

Tammy

Hello Tammy

God, I feel for you ...my 1st aneurysm was in Dec 1998, (clipped), 2nd was in 2006 (sah/coma for 6 weeks, coiled), and when the coils compacted in 2010, got a clipping to HOPEFULLY end the aneurysm madness--now however i'm noticing that i've got one eye that'll stay dialated while the other eye isnt dialated...So, back to see the Neurosurgeon to see what he had to say, says get an angiogram/contrast considering my history...Oh, and i'm uninsured,...Yep, I can understand your frustration and being ticked off both ! I've gotten thru all my BS with no deficits/problems, so yeah, I too count myself as lucky to be here in one piece..but damnit, do we have to look forward to this happening every 3 or 4 years from here on??

Hi Tammy!~well said but no you are not a downer- you are an inspiration!! This is why we are here to give and get support- so I encourage you to stop by the chat room at the bottom marked main room or at the top below members sect- theres a bunch of caring people there always nice and supportive! Also writing and venting is encouraged-keeping them bottled up will just let them fester and re-appear, hope to see more of you- we care about you!

Hello Tammy, I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this. I will be praying for you. You have surely answered one of my most concerned questions, Can I develop more Aneurysms? I have only one . It was large and Coiled 1 1/2 years ago and my fear is that they will find more. I also have a Vascular Disease, FMD, that causes Aneurysms. Wishing you well and PRAYING for you. God Bless.

hello Tammy
i’m a survivor too and I will be praying for you from Milan,
keep strong, good luck and take care of you.
giovanni

Wow, Tammy. I agree with Ron. Your story is certainly not a downer but an inspiration. Thank you for sharing. And I pray for peace as you face yet another procedure on two more aneurysms. I am so glad that we all have this outlet that we can share and vent and our families don’t have to be our sounding blocks as it can be quite stressful for them. I am also on the chat frequently with Ron and quite a few others. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, please keep us posted.
God bless you and your family,
Carol

Thank you everyone for the kind words, your thoughts and your prayers. I am doing much better with everything now. I am still waiting to hear from my docs as to timeline, etc which is a good part of what put me in a mood for a few days. Patience is not one of my strengths.
As I have since my rupture in 1998, I believe everything happens as it should in your life. If this is my path, I will do my best to walk it with dignity and strength.
Thanks again!

Hi Tammy...Vent away...that is what we are here for at BAF. You have been handed along journey and your attitude is great...and if you want to whine, I feel you are definitely allowed. I found the same thing as you, all of this brain aneurysm stuff seemed easier for me to accept then it was when I told family and those close...that look they give you is rough...Wishing you better days ahead...Colleen

Really, that’s what this site is for! Let everything out because we all understand how frustrating this all can be.

Thanks, cGonz16! :slight_smile: