Here we go again

Merl....your response has brought forth a Happy Easter to me... thank you, thank you...

My mind has been wandering on research I have been doing...so please forgive my limitation in all the words I could/should say...and, please forgive my weakens/limitations...to mix verbiage...

Sending warmth and hugs across/around the world...More later...

Prayers for continued steps of recovery...and for a Happy Easter... patioplans...

Hi Merl, my best Easter present this year is getting up to find a post from you here. Way to go and welcome back.

Hi Merl, firstly great to hear from you, I knew you would be fine!

You sound a bit like me, ie: everything has to work now, not later, but now!

You have been through a lot and it will take some time to get where you want to be, so treat it as a journey, slowly and you will get there in the end.

All your friends worldwide are behind you with support, so try to chill!

Best regards

Martic

Merl,

Your post is a great way to start the day! You made it through!

Merl, your post was sunshine to my day. Thank you so very much. There’s no need to explain your negativity, but I can tell you that I, for one, was glad that you felt comfortable enough here to “dump” this on us. That is what true friends are for, and that is why we are here.
Please thank Mrs. Merl for posting, and welcome back. We’re enormously relieved.
Seenie from Moderator Support

Merl!!! Welcome back, yea yea yea!! Negative?! Negative is lying in bed all day, not talking to anyone, not reaching out, not sharing. You're a realist man...share away. Trust us, we can handle it!

I'm not sure of your condition or diagnosis - but I hope my Dad's story brings you some hope. In 1976 he returned from the hospital in a hospital bed set up in the living room. Over a span of a few years, he graduated to a wheel chair. Then a cane.

The partial paralysis stayed with him on his left side, but he was a Baker prior to his "event", and he eventually gained enough motion and strength to make us apple pies for many years to come.

For now, celebrate the daily wins, and good riddance to that hospital - so glad you are HOME!! Hug Mrs. Merl for us, tell her we are all here to answer questions if you're too tired to type it out.

-Markelle

Great Easter news.....Happy to hear you are home at last and ready to start anew!!!!!! Hope you get all the Therapy you need...or want....

Remember it takes the brain longer to heal than any other organ...ok to be as negative as you want, this stuff is unfair, wrong and a real pain in the head, eye or down the hand. Do whatever it takes to heal.....

Wonderful news.....to be home again.

Glad you made it through and are home. All the best. Mark

What great news. We've all be following and waiting to hear exactly this. So happy you are on the road to recovery and kicking butt! Carol

Merl, so glad that you are home now. Prayers offered for a full recovery and peace of mind. …

Hey People,

Just a quick message to let you know I'm still around. Physically I am improving in my motion. The headaches are not and their intensity, which I thought was bad before, have increased to the point of "ohh my holy hell" and they are just so very draining, the pressure behind my eyes is beyond belief, like my eyes are going to explode from my skull. I'm spending a fair amount of time laying down as when I'm standing I'm having some wicked dizzy turns to the point that the wife has had to grab me to prevent me from falling. But, my right arm is getting better in that my range of movement has improved, my hand isn't as atrophied as it was and I can type with both hands, but still single finger typing. But it's an improvement. I keep telling others 'small steps all add up', but I need to keep reminding myself of this fact. I seem to be great at handing out advice, if I could only learn to follow my own information lol. When it comes to recovery I'm not a very patient person. I want it right and I want it right bloody NOW!!! But unfortunately (and I know it) it is only going to take time.

So, well, there you go. That's my update

Thanks

Merl

So happy to read this Merl. Stay strong and know that we are on this journey with you. Carol

Praying for you, Merl. Firmly believe that you will get better physically and emotionally every day. Your spirit inspires me.

Kathy

Super news, you give us all HOPE & COURAGE to be the best we can…Please keep those fingers typing. Star

oh no!! so sorry you got blindsided with more hurdles, hang in there you can do this!, tc

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts

Merl! Hug your wife! When I read your entry it made me think “Doctor, heal thyself”. Your entries always make my brain come up with odd stuff. I hope recovery is more successful this time around, the two of you have certainly been through it.

Hey People,

Thanks for the comments and support. Recovery wise, well, there ain't none. Things have pretty much stagnated. I had some good progression initially but that has ceased, in fact I feel I've gone backwards which is bloody frustrating. My pain is just beyond belief, before I wanted to remove my eyeballs with a teaspoon. Now I wish I could remove my entire skull. The dr's want me to give them a pain rating and this is just absolutely off the scale.

I had to fight to obtain my insurance after the previous previous surgeries and now it seems I'm going to have to fight again to get Social Security after this one. Trying to battle health and battle govt is just TOO much. It'd be easier to just give up and I feel this is what the govt want, for me to just give up and go away. It is getting to the point that, maybe that would be easier. My friend frustration has set up residence and bought his friend despair. I hate this, I want 'me' back. For me that loss of self is massive and I feel so guilty. I must have been a real bad bastard in a former life to deserve this lot.

Merl

Merl

I cannot begin to know what you are feeling. I can understand the need to want to scream from the mountain tops ENOUGH. I don't think anyone can ever get an answer to "Why me?" My recovery was a piece of cake compared to others. I had such bad headaches that my surgeon said he could go back in if I wanted him to. You think I'm going through this again, no way. My sister had her annie 11 years ago and a second rupture last year. She suffers everyday and says that sometimes she wishes she didn't survive. Perhaps the hospital has a health care advocate who could help you with your needs regarding insurance and SS. I'm thinking of you and hoping you get what you need.

Carol

Taking inventory of one's life is usually a good investment, but to say that one 'deserves' the suffering one receives is saying more than any of us know. There are possible explanations other than 'deserving it.' I'm praying that you find the grace to go on. You may be able to be helpful to others who need you.

Merl said:

Hey People,

Thanks for the comments and support. Recovery wise, well, there ain't none. Things have pretty much stagnated. I had some good progression initially but that has ceased, in fact I feel I've gone backwards which is bloody frustrating. My pain is just beyond belief, before I wanted to remove my eyeballs with a teaspoon. Now I wish I could remove my entire skull. The dr's want me to give them a pain rating and this is just absolutely off the scale.

I had to fight to obtain my insurance after the previous previous surgeries and now it seems I'm going to have to fight again to get Social Security after this one. Trying to battle health and battle govt is just TOO much. It'd be easier to just give up and I feel this is what the govt want, for me to just give up and go away. It is getting to the point that, maybe that would be easier. My friend frustration has set up residence and bought his friend despair. I hate this, I want 'me' back. For me that loss of self is massive and I feel so guilty. I must have been a real bad bastard in a former life to deserve this lot.

Merl