Here we go again

Merl...first I am sending you prayers to help you find relief...and, that you will promise to not OD on pain meds or any such thing...

Merl...many of us have gone thru tremendous difficulties...we have lost a number along the years...

and, some of us have sought different personal selection(s) of therapies... and, live little oddity differences in our food consumption, meds ...etc etc...

Can/may I ask if you can explain your pain in some kind of detail? A headache? What part of your brain do you feel that pressure? Is the pain something else?

Merl, I do not want you to feel that my questions are out of place...they would be to many members...

For example, when my headaches began (related to time of two MVAs. - four months apart... the pressure in my headaches was behind my right eye/ear...In those apx 5 years (to 3 ER's in 29 days, etc etc)...the PCP's noted in my med records..."menopausal/depressed"... Apx 1/5 years before the ruptures, I finally agreed to try paxil...the anti-depressant ...whatever the term...

My thought has been...did paxil advance or delay development of my aneurysm?

The headaches that I was having were high pressure...like thump/thump ...Ironically, my aneurysm that was growing there, over the five years was my Left PCOM (branching off the parent L ICA)...And, the hellth care industry ...including sites like this one...state we likely do not have symptoms until it explodes... Oddly, the morning of my first ER...was wonderful; a beautiful warm summer day...I had been up apx 3 hours - no headache; had my cup of coffee, read the paper, did the wonderword, showered/shampooed/dressed and off to work... In the (listed) house I was in (vacant). I was walking down the short steps into the garage...and can so remember the beautiful sun/warmth...and, my active brain was thinking of the next couple of work associated...and, to meeting friends for dinner/theater...

I woke up on the cement floor in so much pain...still no headache...the hideous pain was my fractured right shoulder and attempting to breathe...I did regain the sense to go into my yoga deep breathing...and, when I could finally begin attempting to sit up...and not faint from the pain...I was so blessed to have had my little cell phone in a pocket that I could secure w/my left hand (I am right-handed)...finally able to start the calls...Skipping to pain meds for my shoulder...it took almost two weeks to get thru one basic EEG (nothing else) for my brain...and, then to open day surgery...top-notch orthopedic...he even ordered a basic CT to be sure the pinning was done accurately... However, he did not question my BP @ 131/50 for a 61 y/o woman...whose record (same hospital!)...noted the EEG...and, I did not take any BP meds, etc..

Worse...I saw PCP 3 days after the first ER and the day before the 2nd ER...NOW...had I not survived, none of you'd have ever known about 'this' aneurysm...in the volumes...A reason I note this...is because I do not rely on statistics...either...they have not even been raised by census records... which have risen greatly in the two decades of this BAF site...

Now...back to your pain...IF you can describe...and what the docs have explained to you about it..

I have been doing tremendous research...(y'all know I have no expertise...non-degreed/licensed...)

My research began w/the attempting to understand arteries, vision, hearing, to lobes, to the limbic system...and, have been in pursuit of 'dementias ...down to dementia-like conditions... ' because of portions of my brain (will skip here)...to learning (had wondered for some time) that migraines are in a lower (brain-wise) area of the limbic system...aka the medial temporal lobe...

SOOO...reasons I have asked if you can describe your pain...if we can do more research on the location(s)... to help you with more questions to your doc...and/or finding a referral to another doc or or or...

Other members may be able to relate to what/where you describe....and will share all they know/do...

Warm regards...for each step...