Here we go again

Merl,

Sending you hugs, prayers, and a lot of love from one who knows the trauma and fear and anxiety.

I won't promise you anything but that and support. We're all here for you as you undergo yet another procedure, more frustration, and everything this aneurysm journey brings. I don't know what else to say. You've already been there so much and this is beyond unfair. I do lift you and your tribe up for the outcome you seek and a quick return to the life you love so much.

Thank you for being such a role model for the rest of us. I will keep you and your wife in my prayers across the weekend and next week for good news.

Consider yourself big-time hugged by all of us! xoxoxo

Merl, sending you positivity from a fellow Australian, hope you have happy, positive news. It is AMAZING what surgeons can do these days. And until they have a closer look at what is going on, they won't know what they can do. You've been so strong so far and we have such genius doctors and surgeons these days - I have faith that they will be able to help you and you will enjoy many more times with your wife. This will be but another memory this time next year. Goodluck and keep us posted.

Oh Merl, hold on Strong mate… All the best for today, I hope they find some good answers with a better outcome… Where are you being done? I see Dr Rodney Allan @ RPA…
Thinking of you today & sending all my positive thoughts & wishes xx

Merl,

You are in my thoughts and prayers...especially right now, as I recently got some news that all is not well with my most recent scan. You are not alone...please stop back and share away with us, we are here.

--Markelle

This is Merl's wife. Prior to being hospitalised, he asked me to let members on here know. Today has been the first opportunity I have had to get home to do so.

There is no nice way to put it but, Well he is very unwell. Tubes and machines running all over the room.

He's been placed in an induced coma and things will only take time according to the dr's. Merl has given me medical power of attorney but the dr's are not exactly forthcoming with information. But from here it is a bit of a waiting game.

Thank you for your support and concern. We both very much appreciate it. Thanks

Dear Wife...thought and prayers surround you...for Merl's recovery and for your strength and health through this time. Please whisper in his ear as you hold his hand that warmth and wishes are being sent; and, please remember to keep yourself as rested and healthy as possible during this time.

Patioplans, could not of said it any better, that was beautiful & my thoughts exactly…
Sending my prayers and love to you all from Australia also xx Stay strong
Which hospital/Neuro are you with?? We have some wonderful Neurosurgeons here in Australia

Stay strong, you have all our support and prayers behind you worldwide and please keep us updated.

Kind Regards

Martinc

Merl’s wife - I can’t imagine what you are going through right now, but seeing my partner go through stuff with me broke my heart. Partners have a very special place for me. Please do rest, eat well, hold Merl’s hand, we are all standing with you.

Dear Mrs. Merl, you are so kind and thoughtful to have let us know that things are difficult right now. Please visualize his many friends here here surrounding Merl’s bed (and you), beaming love and positive thoughts. Please keep talking to him, and tell him that so many of us are with him in thought. And do take good care of yourself.
Seenie from Moderator Support

Mrs. Merl, Thank you for your update on Merl. Sending prayers and healing thoughts for Merl and strength for you from Canada.

My best wishes and prayer to Merl and you.

Love and prayers from a 5-year survivor on Cape Cod. Please keep us posted!

Thank you for taking the time to update all of us. Please keep us posted when you are able, and remember we are here for you as well! Again, sending many more positive thoughts and wishes your way. Patty

Please know we are all thinking of you even though we have not met - we're connected by what we've gone through. Sending you positive thoughts for you and your husband.

Our church prayed for Merl yesterday. Strength and courage to you both.

Mrs. Merl...my heartfelt prayers are with you at this time. Thank you for sending us the update. Please come back and let it all out if you need to share your pain, we are here for you.

Heartfelt prayers and best wishes to you both...............a fighter always!!!!!

Well, hello there. I'm Back lol
I'm finally home. I think I (again) pissed the dr's off enuf for them to tell me to go. PHEW lol I HATE HOSPITALS lol
Luckily for me, I still have my sight, but having some wicked headaches which is to be expected. I've got a bit of paralyses on my right side (leg won't work proper) and my hand is all up the shit but they tell me that will just take a bit of time to settle so again its all about waiting, waiting, wait..... They tell me physio and practise will help it return but its taken me 45 minutes just to type this little bit out with my left hand. After each op the recovery time has taken longer and longer, so I know this time will take quite a bit and anything less will be a bonus (Well, that's the way I'm looking at it at the moment). So it's all a case of management again. Rest, and lots of it lol

I want to also acknowledge my negativity. I seem to get myself into an awful mess at times and although I try not to be negative, when it comes to my head I do get down as it is something I must hand control to the dr's for. I like to be in control, I seem to have a theory that if I am in control then I am responsible for the outcome, so for me not being in control is defeatist and that frustrates me. I apologise for this frustration coming through in my post.

Thank you for your wishes and comments of support for the wife and I, they are very much appreciated.

Merl1n

Wow, great to hear you’re finally home again. You had us all worried there for a while. I am eight months out from having my PED placed, and I’m still dealing with several issues. It is hard to be patient, but it’s all that we can really do. I’m just grateful and I can cook Easter dinner for my little family tomorrow. Best wishes to you and your wife . Keep us posted on your progress, Patty