Y-stented recoiling of Acon Aneurysm

Hi Everyone, In Dec. 2018, I had surgery in which my annie was filled with 21 coils with 2 stents to keep the coils in place. Since then, the coils have compacted and I am having surgery on Wed. to add more coils. This is happened because the annie has a wide neck. And so my story with “annie” continues…

Mine is wide neck in the same location. I worry about the same going forward. Best of luck with your surgery.

1 Like

Best of luck Ida. I will be thinking of you.

1 Like

Thanks, Jennifer. My doctor said this type of aneurysm doesn’t always need recoiling. I hope that yours won’t. Let’s keep in touch. I have confidence my my doctor. I think the Dec. surgery was the hardest.

1 Like

Thanks, I am a little nervous about this surgery, but not as much as the one in Dec. when I had to wait for 2 months. This time the wait is less than 2 weeks!

Best of luck to you @Ida, I too will be thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Recoiling done. It was a 4 hr. procedure. 43 coils added to the site. I got home the next day. Tired, sore throat, slight headache. I will be taking it easy for awhile for sure. MRI in three months… Thankful to be home.

2 Likes

Glad it went well and you’re back home. Take care of yourself.

1 Like

Glad your home and everything has gone well!

1 Like