Why now!?

Find this very odd.lI find this very odd. Everything has been pretty good with my brain and I’ve been working and feeling OK.
But then things started happening in my life that were very overwhelming and I found that it was hard for me to process. Well, I mean it’s hard for me to process now. I find that I have some big mood swings, but really the one that’s hardest right now it’s sort of a depression that sudden. It’s just seems like I had this thing done in July and shouldn’t my brain be fixed by now? And I’m very lucky that I haven’t had a lot of problems but I’m finding that my concentration and my emotions and my ability to l not become overwhelmed is suffering right now. It’s hard for me to go to work. I keep getting physically sick. I’m tired. As this happened anybody? Were they feel like side effects of their surgery didn’t set until many months later?

2 Likes

I’ve never had a craniotomy, just endovascular procedures as you probably know by now. I think you were having a lot of issues with the VP at school. Stress can cause depression and illness. Have you reached out to your doctor or therapist? I’m wondering if you need an adjustment to your medication which is why I mentioned a doctor. A good Cognitive Behavioral Therapist can help with coping skills. Remember your brain is still healing, so make sure you’re hydrating enough and eating plenty of protein. Hang in there Kassi! I believe you’re stronger than you think you are.

1 Like

It takes time, especially for your brain to heal, mine (a ruptured brain aneurysm) was 15 years ago and it still needs to heal if I overdo it. Yes, make sure you hydrate, that is so very important, so is being gentle with yourself, making sure you take time to eat, exercise is always good for our brain, check into vitamins (especially magnesium) and natural healing therapies, only if any of it resonates with you, but it will most definitely help, I do them daily. Stress can cause a number on us and if you have a TBI, it is an even bigger struggle. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. You are a warrior, a powerhouse, and a magnificent being. I send peace to you and your feline companion.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear you are experiencing these headaches. And others anomalies. I had my aneurysm surgery and it was clipped May 11,2022. To this day January 2024 I am still getting headaches and have gone through a lot of neurological changes while healing. It takes a good year for the inflammation to heal and I don’t care what anyone says as it is what our bodies say to us. And it is how we heal. I feel the follow up after aneurysms is lacking from some of the even major hospitals. I was not told a lot of things that might happen along the way of healing. I had to figure it all out. Lots of researching. The fact we can talk with others is helpful.

2 Likes