Who do you talk to

not sure who or what type of dr to go see regarding the short term memory loss, short attention span, temper, etc. would it be a psychiatrist, psychologist, or just back to the neurologist?

I would say a neurologist and he may send you to a psychiatrist.

Julie,

A Psychiatrist diagnoses and treats mental disorders and is the only mental health professionals who can prescribe psychiatric medication and conduct physical exams, order and interpret laboratory tests and ECGs, order brain imaging studies such as CT/CAT Scan, MRI etc.

A Psychologist practices counseling - go sit and talk it out, try mind therapy type things.

A neurologist investigates, diagnoses and/or treats neurological disorders.

As everything you describe I would think falls under a mental disorder, the Psychiatrist is the one you want.

I hope this helps you!

Good Luck,

Linda

OMG!!! Boy am I so glad to hear about you??? I have been in a fog until now lost between worry and old age, but I know something is up. I am so forgetful and at times I lose the train of thought right in the middle of a sentence. I have walked into rooms with vital information and it is gone. I even think I have done soemthing and never even began it. I live with sticky notes. I also feel so lost and want to just sit on a beach and wati for this to pass. I had an aneurysim, but they said it disappeared went away by itself, but I had five emergency room visit just last month with headaches that were out of this world. When I finally got my yearly MRI I was told it was all gone. Yet, I am not better by far. I am forgetful, sleepy, and yeah, I get this anger that is out of this world. I have stopped myself and said why am I mad?? Sometimes I freeze because I don't remember so I calm down and then it blips through my brain I get mad, but it might take a day or two for me to be congnizant of this, I am going to the doctor tomorrow.

the weird thing about it all is that i know it when it is happening. i tell myself, “oh you’re getting confused again”. i’m starting to keep sticky notes so i can make sure things get done. i just got a bill back in the mail, i forgot to put a check in with the payment coupon. i’ve always been great with the bills, but maybe its too much for me to handle right now.

the weird thing about it all is that i know it when it is happening. i tell myself, “oh you’re getting confused again”. i’m starting to keep sticky notes so i can make sure things get done. i just got a bill back in the mail, i forgot to put a check in with the payment coupon. i’ve always been great with the bills, but maybe its too much for me to handle right now.

Julie...

Blessings for recovery...what have "any" of your doctors recommended to you?

Hugs and prayers...

Pat

to my knowledge a neurologist is also a physciatrist he might want to run all new test. good luck.

Clinical neuropsychology is a sub-field of psychology concerned with the cognitive function of individuals with neurological and psychiatric disorders. Neuropsychological assessment examines cognitive function in the broadest sense, including the behavioural, emotional, social and functional status of patients. Assessment is primarily by way of neuropsychological tests, but also includes patient history, qualitative observation and may draw on findings from neuroimaging and other diagnostic medical procedures. Clinical neuropsychology requires knowledge of: neuroanatomy, neurobiology, psychopharmacology and neurological illness or injury

there are nueropsychologist out there that can help you with these issues probably brougt on by having the anny experience..good luck hunny,,you can do it! GET BETTER THAT IS...;)

Hi Julie...I would speak to my Neurologist if I were you, many Neurologists have secondary degree these days, Psychiatry (due to so much Alzheimer's) ... the Neurologist can determine the extent of your short~term loss and direct you to the correct Doctor...only my opinion and what I would do...Cyber~thoughts your way...Colleen

very well said jim, i learned the hard way some things cant be fixed. I saw two neuros and they said they can't help me and i kept saying to my husband why ,why, and he finally had me to see SOME THINGS CAN'T BE FIXED but i still have hope.