Vancouver survivors and spouses

Hi everyone
My husband had a cerebral aneurysm rupture august 1st. We are staying in Vancouver as he is still in NICU recouvering. It has been two months and he is just starting to be more a bit more “awake.” It’s going to be a very very long recouvery. I was wondering if is anyone else in the Vancouver area. I’d love to talk!

I am in Ontario, sorry not to be closer. My husband’s rupture was March 2015. He spent 5 weeks in ICU then 5 weeks in neuro and medical units getting ready for rehab, then 9 1/2 weeks in rehab:144 days total. It DOES get better. It is painfully slow, but progress happens over time. I try to think of it as living in hope. My husband continues to recover, yours will too. Friend me and we can email if you want.

Hi, Erica

Did you know that you can search the MEMBERS section for geographic location? You might want to give that a try, eh? ;-)

Seenie from ModSupport (in Ontario)

Hi Erica, my hubby is a 2 time rupture survivor, & we are in Vancouver. I would be happy to talk with you. The only problem is I am a mom to three young kids & have two businesses so my “free” time is pretty limited. I can probably do email during the week, & phone calls/coffee on weekends. I too looked for someone in Vancouver to talk to when it happened to us, & couldn’t find anyone, so I would love to be there for you. Just please understand that I will do my best to be there for you, but that timing may be an issue. Athena

Hi Athena!
I completely understand the limited time problem :slight_smile: I also have kids, 4 daughters, they are a little older, 16, 15, 13 and 11 (I still haven’t decided if that makes it easier or harder… although They were VERY helpful with our move this weekend!) Right now my business and schooling (and whole life!) is on hold while we are here so weekends or email/calls is fine! Thanks so much for responding and let me know when there is a time that works well for you.
Erica

Shirley Sookochoff said:

Hi

I live in Vancouver but I am out of town for a few weeks.....I suffered a ruptured aneurysm 2010 and remember wishing there was someone to talk to.

my e-mail is Shirley@sookochoff.com ...if you are still Vancouver later this month....maybe we could get together for coffee....let me know. Best of wishes on the road to Healing....

Hi Athena,
Hope you are doing well. Any chance you have some time to talk in the next few weeks? It might be nice to get together for coffee. I understand you are busy but let me know if there is a time that would work.
Thanks
Erica

Hello Mod support, you mention you can serach MEMBERS by geographic location but I do not find that option. Can you please advise how to do so?
thank you

Hi, Cathy

My post about searching geographically happened just before this community migrated. Then the discussion threads moved to the new platform. Unfortunately, we no longer have the search by location feature, which is a shame.

What others have done is started a thread with a subject line like “Looking for members around Boston”. That often works quite well.

Sorry to be a downer. :frowning: