Ruptured Aneurysm Survivor ~ 8/14/10

Hello everyone. My name is Amy. I am a ruptured brain aneurysm survivor. My rupture happened on August 13, 2010, the day after my 28th birthay, and 3 days after marrying the man of my dreams, and just 10 weeks after delivering my third child, which by the way was my first girl, weighing in at 9 lbs at birth. I spent three weeks in NeuroICU and ended up with hydrocephalus and had to have a VP Shunt placed. I have had to have 2 additional surgeries because the shunt tube migrated two different times out of the tissue in my abdomen. It has been 5 weeks tomorrow since my last surgery. I am doing very well, have a little bit of short term memory loss and my patience has been cut in half since the rupture. My husband has been wonderful during all of this. My father and his girlfriend took on my 3 and 5 year old sons,and my grandmother took on my 10 week old daughter for the 3 weeks I was in ICU, so my husband could stay by myside. For the first 4 days in the ICU, I had major short term memory loss, every time I woke up I asked my husband what happend and where am i. The poor man had to relive the whole thing every time I opened my eyes. He has been wonderful. I feel as though I have been given a second chance at life, at being a mother and at being a wife. I am truly thankful everyday. They say that nicotine was the contributing factor to my rupture,so needless to say, I haven't had a cigg since the day before my rupture! so going on 3 months now. it will be nice to meet some people that have been through the hell that i personally have had to go through. I suffer from small depression, my doctor put me on lexapro (antidepressant) and my neuro surgeon says that moodiness and depression are all very normal after having blood on the brain.
I look forward to getting some responses and meeting new friends.

Amy

i am soo proud to hear of your story, it gives me strength, you sound like such a good a wonderful person, i am a smoker too i have been trying to quit and now am reading a wonderful book that has been helping me i cant imagen your trails since your rupture, i also am in my 20’s and also am very much in love with somebody she is going threw i crisis right now due to here young age and being in such a commited relationship but she is somebody will always bee strong for as she has for me, i hope all will be well for you in days to come peace and love

My bleed was Sept. 17, 2010. I have recently gone back to work and I am working with the changes. This has been one of the greatest challenges I have ever faced, physically and emotionally. THis website has been a GREAT help. It is good to be able to share with people you know understand the things that are happening. the best part is the support you feel from the other survivors. I try to take it one day at a time, some are good; some not so good. I wish you many good days and if you ever need to vent some frustration on the bad ones feel free to shoot me an email anytime :slight_smile: