Update on Surgery

Well, I went for my yearly checkup for my annie, & got the bad news that it had grown & needed more coiling & a stent up in. Everything went good until about a week ago, I had a stroke. It really scared me & I went to the emergency room of our local hospital. They didn't know what was causing the strokes, so I had them call my neurosurgeon. I wanted them to know what was happening before they gave me anything. As none of the docs in the emergency room ever heard of coiling or stent. They flew me back to Denver, which is a 55 minute ride, as to a 6 hrs drive, & got me all prepped. By the time I had gotten to Denver I had experienced 9 strokes, each one of them worse than the last. I was really scared. They finally, figured it out that my plavix wasn't working. How they explained it to me was I have to many platelets in my blood, that was absorbing the plavix. Only about 3 % of the people have this problem. I was in the hospital again for a week. I'm getting really tired of the hospital. So they doubled up on the blood thinner to keep it flowing through my stent., but I'm being watched very close so I don't bleed. As they found a ulcer to & are worried about me bleeding in my stomach. They have me on 600 mg of aspirin a day also. Its been like a roller coaster ride for the past month. Hope it stays good, as I get really nervous.

Hope this finds everyone doing good. Thanks for listening to me complain again. God speed to all.

Aggie

Aggie,

Sounds like you've had a heck of a time lately, but I'm glad that you have stabilized.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your recovery will continue.
God Bless you, and best wishes,

Linda

Aggie,

My thoughts and prayers with you...Hope to find you improving!

Karen

Thanks for the support from everyone. I'm still very weak, but trying to stay positive. My bruising isn't healing very well, but that it probably from all the blood thinners in my body. My head seems to be swimming constantly. If thats the right word for it. But no headache, which is great. Still think everyday about having another stroke, but decided I can't live my life in fear. If the docs think I won't, & I stay on my meds I should be okay. Hope this finds everyone in good spirits & health.

Aggie