Untitled

Hey Guys!!
So Mom is doing great,after 34 long days in the hospital,she is now in an aftercare facility being looked after by OT’s.She can talk fine,my sister got her a phone for her room!
I know everyone is different,but how long is a typical stay for someone like her who has suffered a brain aneurysm and is on the road to recovery?
Thank you for the input,just really want her here!!

hi melodies! I had a level 5 sah in 09 and I was in nuero hospital I week to follow coiling. Then to rehab hospital for 8 weeks where they taught me how to walk and eat and shower. I was scheduled for discharge 3 or 4 times and finally they released me. I don't know why they kept me - I didn't fall or anything? it was bizaar. right before release there was a nurse ranting and raving about me not being capable to go home!!!! when I got home there was a visiting nurse and I had plenty help here so i'm still confused for their reluctance to discharge me- was it money driven?? I had insurance. Anyway they will look after her well - be patient and take comfort in the fact that soon she will be home-hang in there, better days are ahead! i'm here if you have any questions. Bless you all~

Hi - glad to hear your mom is doing so well...that is fantastic!

You're right when you say everyone is different but I wanted to share what an ICU nurse told my daughter...for every month in a hospital it generally takes 3 months to get the body back to where it was. Have your Mom work hard in therapy and her need to get home should motivate her. Please keep us posted.

Mary

Thank you Ron and Mary!!Though Mom is an American,she has Canadian citizenship so I am going to be moving her back to beautiful British Columbia,where she can just relax,walk by the ocean that is across the street from my house,go swimming,get massages(my best friend is a massage therapist),garden and cook.I am in contact with a few brain injury societies here,and they will help advocate wherever she needs it.I really am very impatient!!Just ready to make up for lost time that often happens when us kids grow up and move away,and leave our poor parents alone!!