Unruptured, treated aneurysm

Question on mood swings and unruptured aneurysm. I had mine treated back in 2018 but since then, I feel like my mood and anger has been exacerbated. It’s located right in the middle of the basilar artery. Has anyone noticed this with themselves too?

Welcome, dear. I had my aneurysm coiled in 2016 and I am still having some mood and anger outbursts at times. Things will get managable and you will fine here is the right place to find some comfort and answers. You are not alone. Take care of yourself and talk to your doctors, they do listen.

1 Like

Thanks for posting a new topic Jennifer! I can’t speak for unruptured aneurysms, but I can share my experience on endovascular procedures. I have had four for the same aneurysm. Each time, there’s been a bit of a change, sometimes not so good and one, the last which really helped my cognitive abilities.

Stress can really affect my moods, especially anger, so I need to remember to do my relaxation breathing to help me control my emotions. That being said, sometimes we have to look at our age and see if there are other factors at play. One such thing would be transitioning into menopause and our hormones go all wonky. I went through menopause in my 40’s and a colleague/friend got really angry about it as I beat her to the punch. Please follow @jojoes suggestion and reach out to your doctors. It really can be something unrelated to your aneurysm.

2 Likes

I am menopausal on hormone replacement therapy and had aneurysm coiled after ruptured in 2021 .Moods memory and movement have been excellent since I am maintained on HRT. My neurosurgeon made a remark that aneurysm is common in women ages 40-60 and stated these women are low on estrogen. my recovery and outcome was positively impacted because I was already on HRT before the rupture and coil.
Hope this experience and info helps

2 Likes

I had a unruptured aneurysm in 2017.
I have extreme anger issues when i am on my own, and have destroyed many things including a Door frame. Luckily most of it are in my head, but am angry about what happened to me, and past traumatic events.
If i am at work and around people, I’m ok.
I am on meds for Epilepsy which are not good (developed Epilepsy after surgery)
Generally my mood is all over the place.

1 Like

I had my first clipping in 2008 & my second in 2022. My husband says that im different after this last one. I have delt with anger issues & outburst also. Social anxieity has also made an appearance but im working on it. Im SO THANKFUL everyday that im still able to function on my own. My legs work fine, im not a vegetable in a nursing home like they said i would be & just get up & try to do my best everyday. 51 year old grandma here. Wishing you the best in everything you do & try not to beat anyone up lol😁

3 Likes