Three year ruptured brain aneurysm survivor today

The morning of October 20, 2020 was the day that I had my ruptured brain aneurysm. A Fisher 4, Hunt and Hess 2 bleed. You can read about it in my profile.
I am eternally thankful that I survived. I was lucky to get out of the whole ordeal without any major issues despite vasospasm and cerebral salt wasting syndrome during my time in the ICU.
People can’t see on the outside what I have gone through but I can tell you that it has been hard for me. The advice I can give for all of you who recently have ruptured is that it takes time, A LONG TIME to heal from this. The emotional recovery is still ongoing, but the memories are not as present nowadays. Be kind to yourself, rest and take a nap when you need it, get out in the fresh air, go for a walk or do some gardening if you are able to. It will get better :mending_heart:
My family and I are so grateful for my survival.
A big thank you to everyone on this site. You have helped me a lot. To read and write posts also helps with the emotional recovery.
Thank you all!

7 Likes

Congratulations and I hope you do something wonderful for yourself, you have definitely earned it! Your posts are always thoughtful and informative. I cannot express how much the advice you share means to me. You have taught me a lot, thank you!

2 Likes

Happy Annie Versary! Hope you celebrated like it was your birthday because in many ways it was

3 Likes

@Kellie2
Thank you :blush:
I did celebrate with a trip to a store where I pampered myself with some new beauty products, followed by a nice dinner with my husband. I’m so thankful for my second lease of life.

3 Likes