Thanks Ben - Support Community Now at 2,000

Early in 2010, Ben Munoz, AVM survivor and creator of the Ben's Friends network of patient communities, introduced me to the AVM Survivors Support Community. We immediately recognized the value of an online support community that had much more functionality than previous chat board forums and asked Ben to help us create The Brain Aneurysm Forum Support Community. Our support community is a dedicated patient-to-patient support community for families affected by brain aneurysms. Ben did this on a pro bono basis for The Brain Aneurysm Foundation.

We are proud to say in the past year and a half, our community, which is free to all members, has grown to 2,000 members. With deep gratitude, we want to thank Ben for his vision, which has allowed the creation of many other support communities for those affected by rare conditions. Learn more at bensfriends.org.

So many of those affected by brain aneurysms have found a home, a place to share their joys and concerns, with new friends facing the same issues.

Comments from Brain Aneurysm Foundation Support Community Members:

Linda: "I have posted many times what the BAF Support group has has meant to me. To sum it up, despite having a wonderful family and friend support group around me, I consider my BAF Support family to have gotten me through the most difficult time I've ever experienced in my short 50 years of life.

I just wanted to thank everyone here for opening up, making me feel comforted and not alone in this journey and sharing the stories, the emotions, the ups and the downs that have become an imporant part of my healing process.

We are so blessed to have found each other and I thank you all for coming into my life."

Karen: "I want to thank you for your personal support and encouragement in the short time that I have been a member of this family. You have responded and supported my concerns and made me feel better and not so scared. The after annie life is different, but, the support you have given me means so much to my healing! Thank you again for your support and being in my life."

Princess Warrior: "I thank God every day for you guys, don't know what I would have done.. No one gets "it" like you all do on here... Even though they try.. And we love them for being there for us."

Coleen: "Ben, Thank you from the "bottom of my heart" for making this site possible. I do not know what I would have done when I first found out about my annie's...being able to share my fears with the group and knowing they understood and knew what I was going through...and continue to go through.

Now it is important to me to "pay it forward" by helping others along this journey. Being a "moderator" is an important job to me. When it all comes down to it, supporting others and being supported is what it is all about. Thank you for giving me and others this place. You are often in my thoughts."

Linda: "Ben, thank you for everything you have done to develop and grow my beloved BAF family of support. Your insight has been an inspiration to all of us who have taken to the idea of having an online support group who definately feel like family. I have said many times that BAF support has saved my life, that although my family and friends are the best support group anyone could ask for. My BAF family "gets me"!!! Thank you just doesn't seem enough."

Laurie: "Ben, thank you so much for doing such a wonderful thing, it has helped me learn a lot about the new me."

Karen: "Thank you for the creation of this community! It is most encouraging and full of positive energy! God Bless these friends and support, it is a true blessing."

If you would like to become part of The Brain Aneurysm Foundation Support Community family, you can join by going to www.bafsupport.org

God Bless Ben!!!