Symptoms of compaction

I had coils placed on Sept 25 and after the first 2 weeks I appeared to be symptom free. The last few days I keep having a dull ache on the left, top side of my head and am just wondering if this is normal or if it is a sign of compaction. I also have experienced what I would call auras a few times in the past few days.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks

Hi ... you are early in the healing journey...I am not sure compaction is an issue, but that healing and swelling, etc., are causing some of your ache...I started with bad, bad headaches days after my coiling.....I think sometimes we start to feel things a few weeks after due to swelling going down...

Now...I am not a Doctor...if you have any doubts and feel something is off...please seek Medical attention...~ Colleen

Hi,

No doubt what Colleen said is right.....however if you should continue with odd symptoms or should they worsen, you've nothing to lose by getting some medical attention..take care,

Janet

What is compaction?

Compaction of cerebral coils...this happens more frequently with aneurysms that have been coiled after rupture, but it does happen with aneurysms that haven't ruptured and have been coiled as well......The term 'compacting' is exactly what it sounds like, as coils can settle after a period of time to the point that the aneurysm is no longer completely occluded and is leaking blood..

This happened to me in 2010 after having coils placed in 2006....I had a clipping done in order to avoid the chance of having the coils compact on me again. This type of thing doesn't happen to everyone that is coiled, but yeah, thats one huge drawback of the procedure. Personally, if ever I have to make such a decision again, I'd opt for a clipping instead of coils, any day.

Peace, Janet

hi there!! yes I was recoiled 8 months post sah, but had no symptoms, maybe it depends on size and location or amount of compaction?? not sure but call them if your concerned, im guessing your pains are normal- I still get pinching pain 4 yrs post sah - since you are so early in the healing process, I used to see an orange and gray fuzzy pattern but have not lately, hang in there soon you will have follow-ups that hopefully will calm your fears, will keep you in thoughts and prayers~