Surgery on Monday

Well, it’s getting real. Pre-op tomorrow, a weekend in Savannah, older kids flying in on Sunday, and then surgery on Monday.

My aneurysm is described on MRA as:
Dominant right and hypoplastic left A1 segment with anteromedially projecting saccular aneurysm arising from the anterior communicating artery. The aneurysm has wide neck, 2 dominant lobes and small lobulations. The A2 segments are noted to be arising from the base of the aneurysm. The aneurysm roughly measures 6mm in its widest diameter.

After much discussion and presentation at conference, it was decided that I will have stent-assisted coiling. I started my anti-platelet regimen on Monday without problem. My stomach was a bit sour this morning and I hope the aspirin will not be an issue with that going forward, but I’m optimistic.

Overall, I am ready to be done with this. It was discovered in December and it’s been a long wait for various reasons. Now that it’s actually here the anxiety is setting in, but I feel prepared and I am thankful that I have not had a rupture and that I have had the opportunity to take proactive steps to prevent that from happening.

I’ll let you all know how it goes. Should be out of the hospital on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Thanks for all the information and support you have provided while I’ve processed and prepared for this! :slight_smile:

Jennifer

2 Likes

@jenniferlgro Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery. I know you have been waiting to get this over with and good the kids are flying in too.

1 Like

Best wishes and good quick recovery!

1 Like

Wishing you a speedy recovery from this procedure. I had stent-assisted coiling in December 2018 and all is well. I am still on plavix and baby aspirin. You will be fine. Ida

1 Like

Jennifer,
Will say a prayer for you and family.It sounds like your in good hands.I too was nervous but it wasn’t as bad as I thought would be.But know there are a lot of people thinking about your recovery. Teresa K.

1 Like

Jennifer, We really like Savannah, eat some grits and shrimp. Go up the lighthouse at Tybee, fly kites. There’s a wonderful little Greek restaurant across from the courthouse (hope it’s still there) and a great pub a couple streets down from the main tourist area. The food is much better and less expensive if you go to the places the locals go. And at Tybee and the Fort, there’s a little restaurant when your walking to the water that is still there and had the best fish tacos since I left CA. If you like history, try the carriage rides in the evening and the ghost walks. We also had fun with a whodunnit mystery dinner on a paddle boat. Enjoy your weekend!

1 Like

Waiting is the hardest part. Looking forward to hearing about your recovery. Praying that all went well today.

1 Like