Support Groups in the New Jersey Area

Hi All,

I am new to this, so bare with me :slight_smile:
I am looking for a support group or something of that nature for my mom who is a survivor. Since her last surgery she has fallen deep into depression and my brother and I are trying to find anything we can to help her get out of it.
We live in Northern New Jersey, in Hillsdale and are looking for some kind of group where she can relate to people like her.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

There are meetings (Aneurysm and AVM support group) on the third Wednesday of each month at Jefferson Hospital in the 3rd floor conference room, 909 Walnut Street, Philadelphia. The time is 6:30 pm until 8:30 pm and they provide free parking. I am not very familiar with Jersey so I am not sure where you are located. I can tell you that people do benefit from attending these meetings. Our next meeting is Wednesday, June 16th. You can call 215-â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  and talk to Jill. If you are unable to attend @ Jefferson then perhaps Jill can direct you about your area.

thank you so much! Philly is a little far but I will call her and see if she can help!

Thank you thank you!! :slight_smile:

Donna Mignone said:

There are meetings (Aneurysm and AVM support group) on the third Wednesday of each month at Jefferson Hospital in the 3rd floor conference room, 909 Walnut Street, Philadelphia. The time is 6:30 pm until 8:30 pm and they provide free parking. I am not very familiar with Jersey so I am not sure where you are located. I can tell you that people do benefit from attending these meetings. Our next meeting is Wednesday, June 16th. You can call 215-503-1714 and talk to Jill. If you are unable to attend @ Jefferson then perhaps Jill can direct you about your area.

There does not seem to be much out there, I have been asking my surgeons office and they just keep telling me they are working on it but nothing as of yet. I am in Central Jersey. Let your mother know that everything she is going through will pass and that someone understands what she is going through. Tell her from me to hang in there and try and remember all the blessings she has, her life, her family, a roof over her head, a warm bed to sleep in, food in her belly and most of all living in an age where there are more and more survivors. WE are blessed and many many blessings to her and you the family!!!

Thank you Donna, it is nice to finally know there is somewhere to go and I am surprised no one informed me of the one in Jefferson, that is where I had my surgery!

thanks for the kind words, they really mean a lot. i will see my mom tonight and ill tell her. my thoughts and love are with you as well.

:slight_smile:

Megan, you are very welcome! Any time and thank you as well. Have a blessed day.

so i found something near us incase anyone else is in the area. The 3rd Monday of every month, Englewood hospital has a group meeting. We are going next week, the 21st, ill let everyone know more details after.

Hi Megan,
Is this a support group for brain aneurysm survivors in Englewood?
I would be interested, I live in Mahwah.
Thanks,
Janet

Robert Wood Johnson University Hosp.

New Jersey Brain Aneurysm and AVM support group

http://www.rwjuh.edu/events/event.aspx?eventid=97