Thank you all for your kind words, I am only at the early stages after having a coil fitted, however I feel fine which in a way concerns me as many people believe I should be still in bed, will I start feeling unwell or will I continue with my recovery, I have been going out for walks as I do not want to vegitate in doors, my family are very supportive but perhaps a little over pertective. I would like to start cycling again but feel I should ask the Doctor for his opinion first
You sound like you're doing great ! your only concern should be to continue feeling good...I don't know if I'd push the cycling yet and would ask the doctor before going into over-drive, just to be on the safe side of things. It sounds as though you've come out of this on the 'plus' side and you want to keep that positive flow going, so don't over do it. Best of luck to you, Janet
HI Mark...I think it is terrific that you are feeling good and out walking...all good for the brain and body...but it is early in healing and you should be getting extra rest to heal the brain...as far as cycling....I would consult my Neurosurgeon to ask when I could start riding again....but YOU GO....otherwise and keep the healing going...~ Colleen
Hi colleen, thanks for your reply you are probably correct I should consult a specialist, it is 20 days today since my rupture so only one more day to go with the tablets that I have to take every four hours, I was told whilst in hospital that after 21 days I would go into a lower risk stage, not sure if that’s true but it feels good , I will continue with the small walks and wait until I am given the go ahead with the cycling, have a great day
Hi Jo, thanks for your reply, so many people are telling me that I should be resting and they are probably correct in saying so. However apart from headaches like you i feel fine, obviously I do need to take it easy as the last thing I need is another bleed, however I am going for a swim tomorrow and perhaps a small cycle ride at the weekend,nothing to strenuous I must say.
I am due to go on Holiday soon with my family, and the flight concerns my wife, however after reading your adventures it seems that flights don’t cause any issues, my consultant also confirmed the fact, however did suggest I postpone for a couple of weeks, but as we are not due to travel until the middle of August I think I should fine
Mark...you have been blessed...so hope you do not push too fast...wishes for your continued healing...