Spam

How do I block messages, looks like there is someone posting spam. Looks like they have left a message on everyones page.

This makes the 3rd one I’ve received and they start sending stuff to email addresses.

Makes me really angry, as they are preying on the vulnerable, I am pretty computer savvy so I have pretty good security, but not sure if BAF is as secure as it should be.

I hope no one replys to them.

Hi Lynn..I was just notified this morning as I am not getting this spam...someone knows I am a moderator...anyways, BAF keeps the site as safe as possble...we are all volunteers and do best we can at this site, but there will always be those who get in at times...let me check into it... Colleen

The person responsible has been suspended...~

Thanks Colleen, I know you keep the site as safe as possible, I get so angry at what some lowlife will do to take advantage of those less vulnerable, I know there are many of us that would not respond, but there are some who may just accidently reply.

Hope you are keeping well.

Hugs Lynn

Oh I agree with you Lynn...when I first joined BAF ...there was a spammer trying to advertise medicine...like all of us need anymore in our life...

Have a Beautiful day...and Thank~you...Cyber~hugs Back Colleen

I am getting spam from BAF also, sounds like a woman wanting to send her picture & contact you...disgusting to see.Do not reply....

I am as well for a Lucia Ok???

I got one to. Said her spirit told her to contact me… Wierdo

i dont know how they are sending to our e-mail , since we cannot do so without first friend requesting then the person has to accept first -right? theres something wrong here- mine was not on my page- it was in my personal e-mail from my internet provider!

Thanks Colleen

That shouldn't have been Ron...unless you gave the spammer your personal email...Hmm??? I will ask if this is possible...and let you know...

I got the same email too. I also noticed that if someone googles my name, my comments I share here show up in the search. I thought since we are members here, what we discuss here would be between the members only. Maybe we should have screen names. How would we go about that, any ideas? I would like to see BAF keep our comments here on this site and not share them with the whole world.

nope just saw e mail and deleted-baf should e-mail us warning people not to engage or they will keep comin back for more candidates-there is something wrong with this site- i will check my trash to confirm- but i promise i didnt peek tho as suggested by you know who!!!

I just Googled myself too and got a long list of my comments and other's responses on this site. I don't know enough about internet programming to know how difficult it would be to keep Google's search engine from scanning our posts, but I also agree it would be a good idea. Perhaps using an alias is the way to go. I sure don't know. Maybe that is why Nikki left and wiped out her posts. This site has been very helpful for me and I'm appreciative of the folks who maintain it and the folks who post, but I guess I will really have to think through the other aspects of my life and see if it is OK for my story and comments to be available to others who aren't members here.

As far as that spam email, it came to my regular email because I have left the settings on this site on the email me when somebody posts option. I believe it was posted on my profile page.

I believe that when ever someone wants to email you a photo it is likely to be a cover for an executable file, potentially a key logger. You open the photo and poof all your keystrokes are sent to crime headquarters where all your passwords can be collected.

I agree...just use an alias or first name. This site is too private and sensitive to have strangers google it and spammers invade it.

Hi Colleen, I too just googled my name and all my conversation appear, I did put BAF after my name but all of our conversations are public. Sorry for this dilemma.
Lynn

As I understand it there are pretty straightforward lines of code to put in the programming for the website that will make it private and tell Google's spider to skip this site. As it turns out, I realized that it is important to me that these conversations be at least relatively private. I recognize that nothing is totally private on the internet, but I would prefer it to not be on the front page so to speak.

Hi LaVonne, I have done that, I think we all need to be aware of how secure things are, have you googled your name and seen that everything you say on here is in he public domain.
I am doing very well, hope you are as well. I to have an amazing hubby of 38 years, wouldn’t trade him for anything.