Solace in confirmation

On more than one occasion, I’ve read something which makes me feel more at ease with the emotional recovery even if the information isn’t positive. There’s something about understanding that everyone is dealing with difficulty regarding recovery which seems to make it easier to endure. Today, I read an interesting article about writer W.P. Kinsella. He is most well known for writing Field of Dreams. “He was struck by a car while out walking and suffered a head injury when he hit the ground. He would not publish another novel for 14 years… He could no longer write as he lost his ability to concentrate. The injury also robbed him of his senses of taste and smell. After the accident, he didn’t feel like doing the things he had done in his normal routine and didn’t care.” Again, while this is not good news, it is also reassuring to know my own reluctance to be motivated at times is a universal part of the recovery process. For those of you who have shared your experiences with me about the emotional recovery, I want to thank you. Your support has helped, and I truly appreciate it.

1 Like

I found that doing Brain Exercises really helped me with my memory and attention. It does take time to recover but my friends tell me that I am better now than before my aneurysm. Try subscribing to BrainHG by Posit Science. It is an outstanding Brain Exercise program $14.00 a month for the subscription and this includes lots of Support from the researchers at Posit Science! Let me know what you think of the training! All the best Marjorie Nicholson

1 Like