Sleeping on ruptured side

Up until my ruptured anuerysm I have always fallen asleep and slept on my left side. Well…that’s the side my rupture happened on. Do you all sleep on the side you’ve have your surgeries on? I’m nervous too. I’m afraid it may build unwanted pressure or something. So if any of you do sleep on the side of your head that had the surgery plz let me know. Thank you

After my craniotomy I was instructed/unable to sleep on that side of my head for months. I think the doctors told me I should wait until the scar was healed or just until it felt better. I think it must have been almost 5-6 months before I would sometimes start to sleep on that side. It was annoying at first, but I got used to it quickly. I am two years recovered from that surgery now and I sleep on that side of my head pretty frequently with no issues!

Side note: I recently got a massage and did not think to warn the therapist about my scar site (as I often forget about it now!). As he started to massage my head at the end, I worried I would have to tell him to avoid the site. I let him start without warning, though, and it felt AMAZING around my craniotomy site! I think the therapist must have felt the “dent” in my head and adjusted his pressure accordingly. My scar site is still “sensitive” two years out, but it’s rarely painful. I was surprised the massage felt so good.

Thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate it.